Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the news today, I don't see Fauci/Birx/DeWine/Acton warning us of the dangers of mass gatherings protest/riots. So NOW there is no issue with huge public gatherings? I mean, didn't they say this is the worst thing we could do--congregate (church was bad-protest/rioting good?)

I don't see the news and govt officials absolutely freaking out over:
-people congregating together in EXTREMELY tight spaces in downtown's nationwide
-more than 50% capacity in stores when they were cleaning them out of all of their goods at night time (aka looting)
-all of the touching (stealing) of goods without dis-infecting (maybe the thieves are using dis-infectant when they get their TV's home?)
-not many wearing masks
-screaming (thus projecting their breath/etc...) over a large area

I mean just a month ago, the news outlets/govt officials were FREAKING OUT over:
-church services in parking lots with people in their cars
-"open back up (insert state name) rallies/protests"
-women in parks with their children
-more than 10 people trying to work out in a gym---WHOOPS these were closed ....

We were GUARANTEED that if people congregated together, we were all doomed.

Based on the events of this weekend, if the deaths/cases doesn't increase 20 fold in the next 2 weeks, then it's high time to get back to normal.....baseball, football, etc....

did they con us all along (and if not, where's their concern/outrage today over these egregious gatherings???)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Open things up..this whole fiasco is starting to stink. I'm seeing where Virginia got busted for doctoring the numbers trying to show a spike after they eased restrictions when there was actually no difference. Just saw that PA's numbers are lopsided cuz > 70% of the deaths occurred in nursing homes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I remember when this used to be a fishing and hunting web site...........seems like a long time ago
Right! I guess its hard to turn off the news. The op is right in three or four short months we went from government control/lockdowns to protests/anarchy. Crazy times indeed and it can be very easy to let the news cycle consume you. I will try to do a better job sticking with hunting and fishing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.