Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my copy of Doom 3 this morning on the way to work. The game is a 3 CD monster. All 3 cd's are loaded on the install. Would have been nice to have a DVD media option. So far the game plays set to low quality video with all the bells and whistles turned off on my laptop here at work, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be needing to upgrade my video card at home. Vickie says, pick up a new one on the way home and who am I to argue... Time for a new Radeon... So far I'd have to say that it kinda reminds me a bit of Deus Ex with the way you interact with other people in the game. But overall my first impressions are pretty positive.

Barry

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Game is definitely spooky! Gave me goosebumps once the baddies made their entrance. Not sure how impressed I am thus far. I mean, like you said, it's kinda Deus Exish, and so far I haven't seen anything that blows me away. I think they took so long making it, that they gave the competition too much time to beat them to it. Hopefully the hell levels will have that Quake 1 goth feel.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I ordered my copy yesterday with 2 day shipping. I'll have it maybe Thursday or Friday. Blance, you need to get that X800 Pro or X800XT card :D

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I'm kinda 'meh' on it thus far. It looks nice and is plenty spooky, but gameplay is a little repetitive. I'm about 4 hours in (Alpha Lab 3).

BTW, I have a X800Pro, running at 1280x1024 (High) with no problems. If you are looking to upgrade though, the 6800GT offers better performance at the same price (IF you can find one that is).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts