close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's here for all the FPS Gamers out there

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blance, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Picked up my copy of Doom 3 this morning on the way to work. The game is a 3 CD monster. All 3 cd's are loaded on the install. Would have been nice to have a DVD media option. So far the game plays set to low quality video with all the bells and whistles turned off on my laptop here at work, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be needing to upgrade my video card at home. Vickie says, pick up a new one on the way home and who am I to argue... Time for a new Radeon... So far I'd have to say that it kinda reminds me a bit of Deus Ex with the way you interact with other people in the game. But overall my first impressions are pretty positive.

Barry

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Game is definitely spooky! Gave me goosebumps once the baddies made their entrance. Not sure how impressed I am thus far. I mean, like you said, it's kinda Deus Exish, and so far I haven't seen anything that blows me away. I think they took so long making it, that they gave the competition too much time to beat them to it. Hopefully the hell levels will have that Quake 1 goth feel.

3. I ordered my copy yesterday with 2 day shipping. I'll have it maybe Thursday or Friday. Blance, you need to get that X800 Pro or X800XT card :D

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I'm kinda 'meh' on it thus far. It looks nice and is plenty spooky, but gameplay is a little repetitive. I'm about 4 hours in (Alpha Lab 3).

BTW, I have a X800Pro, running at 1280x1024 (High) with no problems. If you are looking to upgrade though, the 6800GT offers better performance at the same price (IF you can find one that is).