close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's getting close.

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by fishintiger, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Ice fishing is getting very close I can feel it in my bones. The lake just outside my apartment was a nice sheet of ice this morning when I woke up. They are calling for a couple of 40 degree days at the end of the week but next week it is supposed to cool down a lot so I'm thinking by the first week of January we should be on solid ice here in central ohio. How is the ice coming along up North?

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

all the ponds ive seen have a coating of beautiful ice.

the old erie canal is even frozen over!!!

wont be long. the lows look steadily low/consistent enough to make some ice sooner rather than later.

:)

3. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

At noon today North Reservior still has scattered ice over the surface.

4. Hey Fishintiger, I also noticed a solid sheet of ice on all the ponds on my way to work. Looked to be 1/2" maybe. My pond didnt have any ice, but it is 18ft deep also so I wasnt expecting any. I personally dont want it to freeze until after the first of the year so that I am able to get the duck hunting boat out for a few more weekends of waterfowling in.

5. I checked some private ponds i plan on fishing. They were all covered and some places by shore had 1/2"