Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i have been on..... and just when i started to get my 2 cents out of my pocket for one of my calssic one liners.. ...boom..... the door is shut ... im sure for many good resons... but thanks to all for some good reading so i could kill some time here @ the office..

anyways.... Now for my report..

I fish few times.. out cleveland....did well.. limited out a bunch times... had a few laughs and just fished..

no issues to report... no rocks have been thrown.. no one wanted to play shoot my boat... . did n't cross any boards... no bumber boats... or run any one off the lake.... did find a few condoms floating... that a sure sign of spring..

fish were every where.... leads fom 5 foot to 180 back... reef runners, rip sticks , Hj and F-18's, X-raps, Renowsky's, bombers.... Speed vairedd 1.4 to 2.2 gps ..
colors.. well i dont know the names of them ...but they were pretty... and caught fish...

over all i had fun... fished and enjoyed some great weather and many laughs... with friends and fishin buddies...

good to see so many Ogf'ers on the water helpin each other out..

Looking forward to seein ya all out some more..

good day!

FRank

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
I don't know where that came from Frank.....but anywho....only if we knew what ALL OGFers looked like might make it a little easier. We should just holler any OGFers out there today? I've heard people say it in Huron/Vermillion but not everywhere and put the 5.00 dollar sticker on your truck or boat it's worth it.

I also have a feeling there are alot more people willing to take and even ask for more information and not give it back that's BS for sure. I have had people PM Me asking me for info on a bite, I give it to them, I know they go out but never hear back either through PM or via a thread/post report....what gives guys....???? This site should work like the penny jar at Quicky Mart, take a penny give a penny. I know for a fact tons of OGFers are out fishing but where are all the reports. Stop being so selfish and give back a little something we all know your taking....

Thanks to guys like Bobby, Turbo and the rest who thank people for when they ask and get tips/ locations/ programs . they go out put into action, see results than say THANK YOU. Hat's off to anyone who is willing to give info because they know how many times someone has helped them. I know me personaly nothing makes me happier to get thanked for helping someone put fish in the box. It means alot to help someone and get a little public or even private thank you for it, so for all the ones who have good job keep it up.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

·
Banned
544 Posts
.....u snagged a dome too? haha..i snagged one off 72nd....that not only was a sign of Spring, but also a reassurance i was the minority there............
had to be hung like a buffalo.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I am more than happy to share, trouble is, I havn't been out.:( Seems somthing is always foiling my plans. Wind, rain, work, family??? Hopefully this weekend. Gonna try for some perch in afternoon and clean some lures in the evening. Hard typin with your fingers crossed.;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Same here I can't keep secrets. I only been out 1 time this year and got 1. Last year I never got out unless Charleezz took me on this boat. Mine was drydock with a burnt-up volt reg that was $400.00. This year Tim Kelly from Cranberry Creek hooked me up with a altanator covertion kit. It's sweet.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
"It was nice to see you guys out there too as it is cool to work together to figure out the puzzle.

Had a Lake Erie newbie out with me last night which was better than being alone in the boat for a change. I kept on telling him to be patient and that they would turn on, made me feel good when the rods finally started and kept popping!!

reo"

Hey Kev does that (above) count as a thanks? If not THANKS too all who cooperate and share especially while on the water.

fowltalk,
Very sorry about that as I never litter. May have come out of the boat while making the run back to the dock:D

buffalo reo

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I have to say recently I may guilty of not posting my catches when I do get out, but I have not been out that much due to various reasons that I won't bore you with. I did get out two nights last week off Huron, once from shore and once from the boat.
From shore I got a limit of 6 fish casting a HJ14 Tennesse Shad last Wednesday night from 9-11. Nice size fish one 9lb., twin 8lbs., one 6lb. and a couple of 03' fish. It has been hit and miss from the guys I know that hit the pier religously, as it usually is this time of year.
Thursday night 3 of us went out on the boat from 8:30-11:30 and pulled 16 eyes no bigguns' in 10-13 fow. Pulling HJ12's off boards with 30 ft. leads. Glass perch seemed to be the hottest color. Best speed was 1.5 mph.

I did not see any floating condoms in any of my outings !

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just wanted to post......its been a while thats all...

no big deal... and nothing to look in to or anyalize either...no agenda.... just wanted to post since the "other one" got locked and i wasn't able to contribute to that fine disscusion......

so, i decided to let "that" dead horse lay in peace....

but i do see got some responses onmy thread.... so my nonsense panned out either way...

Krusty were(kev and I) gonna have to hook here sometime. soon.. i see you too have been busy... not enough hours in the day..

Reo... what is this buffalo balony i read about??? LOL..

as for the thanks.... i will sign autograpghs next week....LOL

ahhh the humor never ends...

Frank

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Krusty were(kev and I) gonna have to hook here sometime. soon.. i see you too have been busy... not enough hours in the day..
I talked to Kevin last night and told him if you guys want to get out and try the drift fishing thing some evening or weekend let me know. Hopefully the water cleans up around here soon and stays clean. Harnesses should be hot in the next month or so. I hear you about not enough hours in the day, wait to you have some kiddies !:D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Of course it does Reo we did talk on the water and online, that's cool, I wasn't pointing anyone out at all. I was more trying to key in on some of the guys who are asking for detailed bite info in PM's then you don't hear from them, or guys who ask questions but you never hear from them again we all see it all the time, the same posters over and over again.

What...once a week you might see a nice thank you like Blue Dolphin got this week or Turbo thanked me last week, when we all know tons of info is being pulled out of here and nobody is putting there penny inif they where we wouldnt be boring ourselves with silly crap like I'm gonn shoot your boat. even if you strike out and suck you could say where you fished, what you used, water color, water temp. something..you know. ??

For everyone who does share, contribute, provide tips, locations, numbers, techniques, That's awesome of you and THANK YOU. I don't need to be rubbed off I can go catch my own fish for the most part with no help but if someone help's you, pay a little gratitude, this site makes becoming a seasoned angler way easier, if we had no internet many people would be catching less fish. Don't bite the hand that feeds you would be a good make sense way of putting it.

I have talked to other club members who have had these same thoughts, lots of people scratching there heads.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats cool ... im looking forward to that...

im gonna hold off on the tax dedutions for a while......LOL

You do got some cute kids there Matt ..and your lil' fishin buddy there is cool too!!!

FRank

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Nice to hear you finally got your boat in the water, Krusty. It's about time.

I'll be hitting the lake with Shortdrift Friday for his first trolling trip of the new season. I hope he remembers how to do it. We'll be launching out of Hotwaters in the a.m..

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you sir, may i have another!....whap..... thank you sir , may i have another!!!......LOL...

seriously.... thanks to all ....i remeber the days when we first started out.. it was fun and frustating @ times..... and this site the old site and its memebers along with a few other sites, have helped not only just , US ,but many of us fello OgF'ers...become good fisherman ... and even better sportsmen.... the best part of this is we all learn something new..... and we all have something to contribute....

even if we dont have much to input....

Frank

·
Registered
974 Posts
Jak se mas Frank ! ! !

Here are my reports:

Walked out to the pier...Washed lures for a few hours...come back empty handed...(Repeat 4 x's) - I think Krusty keeps stealing my fish....

Maybe I should change my screen name from Stoshu to "Bad Luck Schleprock" .... wowzy-wowzy-woo-woo

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Read what is left of my post I removed the photo and my fishing report.
http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=69979
If you were a new guy thinking of posting and you read this post would it encourage you.
The post was about the fish not the person.I value my privacy.If you have a nasty comment or question who I am.Bring it on but do it in a PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts