close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's about pike time

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crooked stripe, Mar 15, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Has anyone tried the cuyahoga yet. Lot of good looking areas I haven't tried in years. Think I will give it a try this week end.

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Guys have been catching pike for about a month now.
    I know that on the last full moon there was 4 fish ohio
    size caught in 2 days.
    Shiners under a float above the dam in Monroe Falls was
    the best spot.
    Stop buy FOS a get the latest from Josh. Good Luck.

No Maas :D

3. I have had lots of luck fishing, 3-5 feet holes, 29 pike landed this year, 10 have been fish ohio and it is getting hotter. Caught on large shiners and suckers, dead or alive, mostly dead. Good luck!!!

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

i will be on the hoga river very soon. Going to attempt to catch 100 pike this year.

flash-----------------------out

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you better put some hrs in! I can point you in the direction of a place to put that boat of yours in pretty easily...

6. Hey Johnboy, KSUFlash, Looks like another opportunity to Akron U and KSU to compete. First fish, biggest...most..etc. But seriously spring break is coming so if you are looking for someone to get out and fish with, let me know. I am able to reduce my hours as I just have to do some rehabs. Weather pemitting, I would love to do some fishing. I do have a small boat (10 footer bought from the old tackleshack when Jack sold it.) Also, did you know you can rent canoes from the new outdoor rec area in the back of the rec. center. Either respond with a post or e-mail at dbrett@uakron.edu.

Bdrape

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

hopefully i get a chance to go, before school is over for the summer.

8. KSUFLASH

That sounds like an excuse on why you would get beat in pike fishing Johnboy. Thats ok though, you akron boyz always have an excuse. :)

flash-------------------------out

9. I'm on SPRING BREAK.......I wanna go!

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

hahaha, you are funny! an excuse for what? when we going to go?

11. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

Hey let me get in on some of this UA KSU rivalry going on here. I'll gladly woop the both of you!

12. Hey Johnboy, KSUFlash, Looks like another opportunity to Akron U and KSU to compete. First fish, biggest...most..etc. But seriously spring break is coming so if you are looking for someone to get out and fish with, let me know. I am able to reduce my hours as I just have to do some rehabs. Weather pemitting, I would love to do some fishing. I do have a small boat (10 footer bought from the old tackleshack when Jack sold it.) Also, did you know you can rent canoes from the new outdoor rec area in the back of the rec. center. Either respond with a post or e-mail at dbrett@uakron.edu.

Bdrape

13. KSUFLASH

Bring it Lureboy...hehehe :)

flash-----------------------out

14. I'm not sure why the post went on twice, but my appoligies to all. I guess when I came back to my computer after class I accidentally hit the post button again.

Bdrape

15. where is the chyohaga. i know this is a silly question but ive never fished it i have a good idea where its at but where do u fish for the pike on the river and where do u park i would like to take my dad pike fishing also how long do they stay in the river

16. KSUFLASH

The pike stay in the river all year long. As far as parking, do you want to launch a boat or bank fish?

flash---------------------out

17. what about artifitial baits will they do just as good.

18. Wnet to springfield lake this morning in hopes of pike fishing; unfortunately still iced over.

19. KSUFLASH

artificial baits work well, yet at this time live bait works better. You could also try plastic baits this time of year. Hot tactic for about the next 4 weeks will be a bobber and shad combo.

flash-------------------------------out

20. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle