close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Its a Boy!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bassy, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

Praise the Lord!!!!!! After 2 years on a waiting list to adopt a child, Micah Trevor Burns was born last Wednesday, 8-3-05. We got the phone call on Friday night, 8-5-05 that the birthmother chose my wife and I to be parents. We got to birng hime home Tuesday night, 8-9-05. I just had to share the good news with OGF!!!!!!!!

God Bless you all,
    Scott, Amy and Micah Burns
    (Bassy's Family)

I put pics in the photo gallery, I didnt know how to post them in this thread, anyone out there able to help me out? Thanks

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I can imagine how happy you are. Congrats to both of you.

3. Congratulations on the addition to the family. We have been fortunate enough to have children of our own but I have a relative who went through the waiting and searching to find a baby to adopt. It can be a long and difficult process. People who stick it out through that whole process show how much truly want a baby.

By the way here is the picture of your beauty.
    [​IMG]

4. Bassy

Bkr, thanks for putting the pic up on this thread, I tried but it said file was too big....oh well, here he is folks. Newest OGF member. :)
    Thanks again Bkr,
    Bassy

5. Congrats Scott on the new addition. I know words can't describe your joy.

Just remember, they grow up fast man!!!

6. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

congrats, and god bless............................. :p

7. Thats Wonderfull Congratulations...a New Fishin Buddy There///

8. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

Congradulations Scott..........your going to an awesome Dad ........I can feel it beaming from you.....

Frank

9. well my friend im on the back side of this and with tears running down my ugly face im trying to type this. you and me got tite a few years back and i know the story.congats and god bless you three.you deserve each other.tomarrow im going out and get me a cigar and smoke it in your familys honor......HUSK

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

11. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Congrats bassy! That is just awesome! They sure are fun. Big Daddy is right, they grow up FAST! :D

12. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

A Big congrats, kids are wonderful.

13. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

14. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Wow Bassy (and Mrs. Bassy :) )
    I bet you were both in shock to receive that phone call...Were you aware that she was about to deliver? Or were you just totally caught off guard?
    Just to let you know... I was also adopted as a newborn. My Mom and Dad were the greatest parents that anyone could have ever asked for. Unfortunately though, they both passed away very young. (My Dad was 38 and my Mom was 50). One thing for sure about being an adoptee... your parents can NEVER tell you that you were a mistake! lol
    That is one lucky boy for sure :) :C
    Congratulations to the both of you...
    Marcia

15. Bassy

Reel Lady,
    he was born last wednesday, and we got the call last friday, so we got caught off guard big time.......but what a blessing the lil guy is
    thanks to everyone for the kind words,
    Bassy

16. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Congrats man, we're real happy for ya. Hopefully you had time to run out, find a carseats(s), crib, mattress, mattress pad/cover, sheets, formula, blankets, diapers, baby monitors, wipes, etc. etc. etc. Advice: go buy at least 2 swings they are worth their weight in gold! Good luck with your sleep and not getting peed on.