Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's a BIG ONE!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, Apr 20, 2004.

1. I thought today would be a good day to get out and fish a local pond where the bass had been turned on. This was also the first day I had to get out since the monsoon last week! I went with a buddy and was rather suprised. We managed probably 6 or 7 between the two of us on plastic lizards. I managed to hook a couple and land one on a white spinnerbait. It was cloudy, windy, and raining just a little. Don't know if that did it. They all were on the smaller side 8-12 inches. The last 2 times in there had been averaging 2 pounds with bigger fish.
    I decided to hit another pond and that is where the BIG ONE was. THe pond was pretty muddy still so I tied on a Mann's -1 series that dives a foot in a chartuse green with orange belly. I threw it past a tree in the corner and as soon as it made it past there, the water BLEW UP!! :eek: I thought I had on that 8 pound bass I'm looking for when I see it's a CATFISH! After a few moments, I landed a 24 inch, 4.5 channel cat. After a few pictures, I put it back in the pond for some later excitement. The owner had just told me that he had some catfish in there, now I know how big they are. I did manage to land about 3 small bass on the crankbait and had nice bass swipe at lure, but there was a hookset malfunction!!
    Still a good time to get out and get back to fishing. Just thought I would share how I did!
  2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats on that fine catfish!

3. i sure you noticed the better fight from the cat than than a 4 lb bass.heh heh
  4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

amen! Nice catch!
  5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I just want you to think of the fight you had with that cat and multiply it :D

A few times :D
  6. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Hookset malfunction or user error?? lol See you at Power in a couple weeks.
  7. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

You're killing me man.. :D :D
  8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Lousy stinkin' slimey catfish...... :eek:
  9. THat is one heck of a mouth to see coming out of the water! I could go for that though!
  10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

You lucky sons of guns - must be nice to catch fish like that on a regular basis :D

Mrfishohio, I'll be living in Cinci this summer - maybe Loiuville - I think somewhere in your neck of the woods, think I could talk you into taking me out?