Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As more and more time goes after the waterfowl season is over, I get more anxious to go out bowfishing!!! I just started last year with bowfishing but I feel like I'm quickly becoming obsessed. Last year I mainly went to Ladue and if I got 1 carp a day I would be happy. This year I am hoping to shoot some other species of fish but it doesn't seem that there are anything but common carp there at Ladue.

I would really like to shoot some gar this year. It looks like Lake Erie is decent for them and carp up near the Sandusky area. Do any of you know anything about if Fairport Harbor or anywhere around there is good for bowfishing? That is a lot closer to me than Sandusky.

I plan on going out local as soon as possible. Once it is warm enough in the next couple weeks I am going to give it a try. Do you think I will have any luck out that early?

·
Catchin eyes
615 Posts
I feel ya I got the itch too! We're hoping to get out this week, probably Tuesday night. Been too long! There should be fish to be had with temps coming up as much as they are. When we got that warm spell in December we ended up with 119 fish in 7 hours over 2 nights. Fishing can get great in the cold months when there's a big warm up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mosquito is about 2 ft. low from where it should be this time of year, which has me concerned. Limited access to the shallows with a boat. Hopefully it will change in the coming weeks. We are itching to get out also. Had a great first year last spring, looking forward to another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.