Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
saltwater sensei
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30" Tiger Muskie caught on a medium-light spinning combo.

Measured - The fish moved for this pic so the tape doesn't start at the tip of the tail.

I had this fish on the line briefly on Sunday when I was taking my kids out fishing. We were targeting bass when this guy went after my lure. It came unbuttoned 4 feet from shore and we got a real good look at it.

Went back this morning alone to hunt it down and land it. Seems to have worked out ok :D .

Too bad there is no fish ohio for tiger muskie, I was really hoping for my first pin.

Caught in central ohio is all I'm ever gonna say. Fish was released unharmed after less than a minute out of the water. Didn't even get to pose with it as I was fishing solo.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
That is pretty cool. Will you at least say if it was flowing water or not. Just wondering how it got where it was. Someone had to introduce it I would think.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I’m no expert, and the pics don’t really show all the details, but I’m fairly certain that’s a regular musky. Either way, pretty fish.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have caught that exact same fish. The jaw is a bit off kilter, right? At least that's what it appears, and mine measured exactly 30" as well. Good man for not divulging the spot, that is a fragile little area.

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
very kool, that's a fun bonus alex!! gotta get you a big musky if u want a pin!!

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Caught in central ohio is all I'm ever gonna say. Fish was released unharmed after less than a minute out of the water. Didn't even get to pose with it as I was fishing solo.
Good for you sir! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Yeah, that is a good spot.

·
Carp53.65
4,189 Posts
I have caught that exact same fish. The jaw is a bit off kilter, right? At least that's what it appears, and mine measured exactly 30" as well. Good man for not divulging the spot, that is a fragile little area.
You too?!?

Lol.....a buddy took me to his 'secret spot' a few weeks ago and I SWEAR I caught that same exact fish as well. Same length, same pattern, very agresssive fish.

Small world-keep it hush hush and we'll keep tabs on the little fellow. :B

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Yoy guys aren't gonna believe this but...I've caught that same exact fish!..that sucker right there is a fighter!..and you're right...that location needs to be kept hush hush...thank you...tight lines!

·
saltwater sensei
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Man, as many of you as there are here who know that fish so well; I feel like I should get checked for herpes or something.

That fish sure does get around.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,704 Posts
Good job, that is one nice looking fish you got.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts