close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It almost Fall!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BornToFish, Aug 25, 2005.

1. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

Yes, once again the best season of them all is close by. The sight of that float slamming down, and the bronzeback beauty to behold. I hear the crunch of dried leaves under my feet, and the sounds of farmers bringin in the harvest. This my fellow fisherman is the greatest time of all......

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

3. I know the farmers don't want it but I hope rain comes with fall ;)

4. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Fall? As in what comes after Fall? WINTER!!! Fall sux in my opinion. It gets colder each day, the days get shorter and the nights get longer. It's just a reminder that winter is around the corner. #1 Most Important Issue Here?

I HATE WINTER

But I'm not bitter. No, no, not at all.

UFM82

5. Sorry UFM82 but I really thought I sensed a bit of bitterness in your tone.:D

I really do enjoy the fall and probably for most of the same reasons as others here. The fishing picks back up again. The hunting kicks in. The temperatures are generally pleasant. The scenery is great. And I guess for me the thought of winter following is not a dreaded thing either as I manage to find activities for every season that make me look forward to them.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

perch fishing picks up....the walleye and steelhead come back in close....ice fishing follows.... fall is the START of the fishing season as far as im concerned. :)

7. ha fall yes it is the best time of the year. Cooler weather, fish on the feed before winter comes, duck and deer season. I love it! If there were only three seasons I would pick fall, winter, and spring. It gets to hot for me in summer. And think of it this way. If your cold you can put more clothes on, if your hot you can only take so many off! Cooler weather is much better.
    Good luck to ya this fall,
    Brad

8. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

I love fall!!!! The fishing gets better. Next stop is winter. I LOVE SNOW! :p
    Can't ski without winter.............. ;)

9. I'll take the three seasons, minus summer, myself. The way I see it, you can only take so much clothing off (trying to stay comfortable) before you get arrested. Ya don't have that problem the rest of the year. If you get cold , put on another layer. Fall's my favorite. Hopefully the 90's are behind us and we can look foward to the fall bite and H.S., college, and pro football. Winter is a good time of year to reaquant yourself with the better half and a time to get caught up on some "HoneyDo's".

10. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I'd take spring summer and fall. Maybe that's why I want to move south. Southern Tennessee is calling my name..... Chattanooga.....

11. About the only downside to winter that I can think of is the costly heating bills.:eek: I don't want to see those coming.:(

12. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I am ready for fall, The fishing does get better and man i used to hunt all the time as much as if fish. Something i really want to get back into. Winter now i used to enjoy because i love to ski and grew up on the slopes had ski pass every year. But don't care much for it now. But that may change when they get me on the ICE this year.

13. Ice fishing is something that I have only done once but would like to give it a try some time. Come January the hunting pretty much is done for me except for the occasional rabbit hunting excursion. I have been doing the skiing thing the last couple of years as my boys have been in the ski club and it gives me a chance to go play too.:D

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ya i told the wife i want to get the boys into skiing or snow boarding if do that then we can all hit the slopes

15. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

It's my favorite season for a number of reasons. The best fishing of the year bar-none! College/pro football is in full swing. Nascar is coming down to the wire. The weather is cool, and dry. You can actually enjoy spending an entire day on the water, or in the water!lol