close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ISO wood smoker

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by sirwalleye, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirwalleye

sirwalleye

0   0   0

Thinking about getting my feet wet with smoking, if anyone on here has a wood smoker that they aren't using and may want to get rid of IM me and maybe we can work something out

2. Chillaxin1

Chillaxin1

0   0   0

Built this last year and realized it's not big enough. The trailer is good to move it around but not a road worthy trailer. Is reverse flow with two racks. I would let go for 800.

3. sirwalleye

sirwalleye

0   0   0

Thank you for the offer but that is a bit much right now I'm just looking for something simple to get my feet wet if I enjoy I'll look for something better if I really get into it

4. Chillaxin1

Chillaxin1

0   0   0

No problem. Your gonna enjoy it. So will anyone that you serve . Gonna do a whole brisket Sunday on mine

5. Matt63

Matt63

0   0   0

I have a 22 inch weber kettle charcoal grill I have smoked in. There is a great post in the kitchen thread that someone wrote with detailed information on how to do it but i can't remember the author if you search smoking you will find it. If not let me know and I will look for it.

6. flyman01

flyman01

0   0   0

Sirwalleye, There are all kinds of smokers on the market as I am sure you have seen. You can spend as little as $50 all the way up to over $1,000 just depends on how much you are going to put on it and use it is what it really comes down too; all of the smokers on the market will do the same thing, smoke food. I am partial to the Kamado style as they are the most versatile one out on the market. You can smoke, grill, seer, and bake on one of these and everything turns out just perfect each and every time. We did pizza on ours last evening and it was simply awesome with the fire cooked flavor. Here is a pic of last nights dinner. Good luck in your pursuit.

photo (58).JPG

7. Decoy hound

Decoy hound Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Now I'm hungry!

flyman01 likes this.
  8. flyman01

flyman01

0   0   0

I know what you are saying, might have to make another tonight it was so darn good!

Decoy hound likes this.
  9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

0   0   0

As stated, prices vary greatly depending on what you want to do. Incuding a coustom built as was offered.
    I started with a Mr. Meat smoker over 40 years ago (inexpensive) but it let me hone the skills needed to get to know what I was looking for.
    I've since had at least eight different smoker's and currently have four.
    Get an inexpensive one since you only want to experiment to see if it's for you.
    Get one with a water pan and thats wood (charcole) fired...you can't go wrong.

10. squid_1

squid_1

0   0   0

check out bidfta.com it is an auction site and there are smokers on there all the time. I picked up a masterbuilt electric one that retails for $300 for $45. Some good deals on that site.

11. Lady J

Lady J

0   0   0

Might want to consider a pellet grill. We probably have 15 in my family. Most of us have traegers. I will vouch for their customer service. But you can buy one at rural king for around 300 bucks with a digital controller. My cousins have bought them and have had good luck with them so far. Just something to consider.