Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Western Basin next week from West Akron. I'm not too familiar with the bottom bouncers. I've fished jigs, dearies, and the harnesses on egg sinkers.

Are the bottom bouncers really much of a different technique than the egg sinkers + harness?

Also, any suggestions on location? North and East of Kelly's seems to be producing.

Thanks in advance,
JB

·
bad hawk
1 Posts
We caught our limit 5/18/07 west of kellys in 28 to 24 ft of water by 1:00pm using bottom bouncers with chartreuse worm harnesses. On 5/19/07 the wind was strong from the southwest and we moved north of kellys in 43 ft of water and had or limit at noon on same bouncers. I don't know how much difference there is between bouncers and egg sinkers. But you can buy a couple bouncers cheap and take with you. good luck.

·
Banned
544 Posts
...about the only difference between the egg sinker and the bottom bouncer is pretty self explanatory. just let it bounce or drag the bottom vs lifting the rod up & down to create more action with an egg sinker. not to say lifting the bottom bouncer from the bottom is ineffective. i would buy some 1oz bouncers if u are planning on drifting...3/4 minimum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts