Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be out today looking for some relaxing time and even a few perch.
Leaving out of Sandusky and I will be on channel 68 or 69. If your out too give me a holler.

Professor Perch

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fished by Ceder Point . Not a lot of marks with strong winds from the South.

Moved a few times then called it quits.

Nice chubs from Sandusky Boat House.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My brother and I went out of a pay marina west of Davis Besse Saturday morning. We stopped about a mile south of West Sister and found good marks. We started to fish around 8:30 a.m. and caught 54 between 8-10". The fishing slowed down around 12:00 and the wind and the waves picked up. My brother went to the same area Sunday morning while I preached at church. He caught 5 within a few minutes after he set anchor, but the bite slowed way down. He caught another 9 in three hours. He met me at EHSP and we went out of East Harbor and headed to the west side of Kelly's. I caught 2 perch in 2 hours and we gave up and went in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for info...I'll try to get out Saturday again. Since I dock near Ceder Point and my boat doesn't like to be pushed past 15 knots I have to take in account how far(long) of a ride to take...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Doesn't sound like a time valued event other than spending time together. I am saddened that the perch population has been hit so hard but then I think we have great walleye fishing at the expense of perch population from snacking walleye and lower populations from perch netters. I am in Cleveland and we don't see any perch marks like in the past. I don't think we will even try for perch on Erie. Probably better to fish inland reservoirs for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts