Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give them a go thursday/friday...Anyone fished the island area this week...? Emeralds available anywhere around Catawba...?

·
"Sweet Caroline"
779 Posts
Fished right near Sassy Sal on Wednesday and they had to have done well as we were really into them.

Reactions: Good Shepherd

·
Registered
902 Posts
Son and I went up mon Caught our limit kept 45 most 7--9 in lot of fun went out on Fishermans Warf Boat great crew
My experience Saturday was not as near as good as yours. Our captain fished the same sh*tty spot for 5 hours and wouldn't move, there was only 36 perch in the boat when he finally did move which only gave us an hour left to fish at best. Within that last hour we finished with somewhere around 130 perch between 16 people fishing and no one was happy about them refusing to move. Everyone would have limited out probably if he would have moved sooner. And it was probably the worst service i've ever seen out of a 1st mate/deckhand. Not one time did he get more bait for anyone, we all had to get our own, all he did was stay on the bow and fish. I usually tip the Deckhand a minimum of $20 but this time I wasn't happy with even giving him $5 cause he sure didn't earn it. Our boat also left 15 minutes later than the other 2 boats and was also the first one back in

·
Registered
90 Posts
That’s disappointing to hear. As a teacher, I fish headboats often because I can pick the days with the best conditions over the summer to go. I have fished with all the PC companies and settled on Fishermans Wharf as my go to because of the opposite of what you just said. on Tuesday of last week, we made 6 moves and hit the dock at 3:30, an hour and a half late. I looked at my buddy and said, “this is why I go with Fishermans Wharf.” That’s a bummer to hear you had a poor experience.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts