Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be up with the extended family from June 9th to the 16th, staying on Middle Bass. I assume that there is no place on any of the islands to purchase bait? I plan on primarily trolling but we will also want to perch fish, any recomendations on subs for live shiners?

Does anyone use cranks this time of year or is it primarily a spoon bite? I need to pick some up and could use some ideas on colors. I've got some info that I have gleaned but would be interested in what you all think.

Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We plan on doing some smallie fishing as well, this trip takes the place of an annual trip to Lake Champlain.

Last year we caught a bunch of land locked salmon by trolling spoons with snap weights, anyone do this rather than dipsies? I understand that you can reset and bring fishin quicker if you don't need to worry about weights but I'm not sure that I want to mess with the dipsy divers. I guess I'd rather take that money and buy more spoons, etc...

Jim....thanks for the link I will read through that again, tons of info.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That time of year, drifting or slow trolling harnesses with bottom bouncers works real well-as does casting or driftiing Weapons. Gold or purple blades on both.

For perch, frozen shiners work very well. I have the same problem on Kelly's where I can only get live shiners rarely. 90% of the time I use frozen and do really well on them. One other thing that works are garden (leaf) worms.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.