close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IS winter comin?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by billybob7059, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Man is it staying hot this year so far. Its almost oct. And we are still in the hight 70's that the heck! I was hoping it would really cool down by now. Looks like were in for a mild winter. I have not seen any predictions yet but its a little to warm for me this late in the year. I know all me need is for a few good cold fronts to come down to shut me up. I shure hope they happen soon. I can't wait to get out on the ice I love sittin over a bunch of perch or gills. Oh well we'll just have to see what old man winter brings this year.
    good fishin to ya,
    Brad

2. I am with ya BB, I was tellin the wife yesterday "man look at that North wind comin in", she looked at me like I came from another planet. Hard water lovers are a special breed. I am ready to drill some holes!

3. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Don't worry guys , you'll be able to drill holes in late December or early January just like most years and , if you're lucky you'll still be drilling in late March.

4. I enjoy the winter just as much as the next guy but I am in no hurry to get there. This is the start ofthe best time of the year, the fall. The temps and sights are super. And for the hunters it is happenin'.;)

I am not going to wish for cool enough weather to pay the ridiculous costs of heating. Give me the fall anyday.

We have really been pretty close to normal for this time of the year lately on temps. I believe Columbus was showing around 73° average for now.

5. See ya on the hard stuff Dec 23 rd , 2005 @ Mogadore off congress road.
    This from last years winner of Big Daddy's annual guestimate contest of first fishable ice.

That ' s 87 days from now. String em up and start sharpening.

6. peon

peon account delete

i hate being in the south part of the state i dont get ice till feb. :(

7. Low temp Friday AM is 39 degrees! Can't wait. I may even set the shanty up in the front yard and drill a hole in the ground.

Won't be long....

8. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

lol Carl . :D Wont be long and we will be feelin your dance . :)

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Phil, he is already to dance. This year he will have help closer to home :D I have to get my shed and goodies out and practice.

10. JBJ

JBJ

You ice squatters are nuts! :p I used to be a snow dog till I got hooked on bass fishing. Now I hate to see the highs get down into the 50's. Just no one utter the "s" word! I dread pulling the shovel out of the garage. :mad:

11. that we are getting a taste of late fall this week. I am going to head home and watch my HS play a football game @ Warren JFK. I expect we will be getting an Indian summer though, just my guess.

Eric

12. my buddies at work think im nuts for going out on the ice but they will never understand . i would really like to fish the mog this year ive never been there but ive passed it many times and seen many a ice men out there so it must be a pretty good lake to fish.

13. Traditionally, the first rip of the year is ALWAYS Mogadore. Once we get some ice, I'll post when and where!!!

It feels GREAT out there tonight!!!

14. Frost on the windshield this morning!!!!! 3 months till we're pond hoppin'. 4 till the big pond gets ready.

15. Felt real nice this morning didn't it!

16. oh you bet this morning was great. I love that nice cool morning air. When I saw the river to day on my way to school its was steaming really good. I love fall and winter is on its way.
    good fishin to ya