Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to ask a question here.... cause either the radio isn't working, which is a possibility or we need to switch a few things up.

Sometimes when asking for a TIP - we get snobbed. Well, not completely, but read on...

Not asking for a detailed report -- we do our homework and have a journal we look at for reference of what's been done before - but generally we ask about ONE component - and have a good program and like to have fun figuring it out.

We use the radio as a tool - not as a means to find fish. We can do that.

OK - now I am going to backup and say WE go out as a couple and when the gal portion of 'team drumstick' gets on the mic -- we hear crickets. really, no response. Thump, thump, hmmmm, tough crowd ... then we switch and ask again in a few minutes and WHALA! answers.

It can be frustrating - especially when you just want to give a shout and keep moving. We respond if someone needs a tip and is struggling...

Basically, I like to stay off the radio -- if you're yappin on the radio - you're not catching fish -- true. But someone PM me and let me know if there's a better way.

Thanks!!!

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
saturday morning it was an ogf fest at the crib and there was no info being passed along on the radio. not that we were in need , but others were strugling. . i guess it,s all about the secret spot and secret program now.

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH - I understand tournament silence - and I know it's mandatory for a few tournies too, but this is all the time. We usually fish around 5pm and go to sundown. Every time it's a gal... no response. Guy -- response.

I laugh because it seems like a joke. Cause it works every time.

BTW - like your new avatar. Reminds me of a pic my dad had in his office when i was a kid, only the guy had a ciggie and was blowing smoke from his ears.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
saturday morning it was an ogf fest at the crib and there was no info being passed along on the radio. not that we were in need , but others were strugling. . i guess it,s all about the secret spot and secret program now.
may be that we dont all know the "secret" password/handshake!!!:bulgy-eyes: have asked for help in past years with no response when i knew there were plenty of OGFers out and just gave up on it and find my own "secret spot"(although i WILL give help if i can!) right domn to exact location...its a big lake and have never had every boat come even when announcing gps#ers

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
but there was no tourny saturday is my point.

There was a tournament saturday, north coast charter boat association. I know we had to keep radios on 16 and absolutly no communication of any means. I seldom turn the radio on anymore. There are alot of people that just talk all day just to talk and then those that want to get pissy with people on the radio for not giving info. Or idiots with a gorilla monkey chatter box etc etc.

I fish tournaments, the month of june has one big tourney every weekend with some weekends having several. That means all my fishing this month is being done as quietly and secretivly as possible. Sorry

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Freyed there is no secret spot or secret program. I pretty much spill my guts to anybody when I am out. There are many good fishermen out there, willing to share info. Not everyone fishes tourneys, in fact very few do. There are loads of fish to be caught in the central basin right now. Get out, work on a program, dial it in and go home with a good catch. It's not very hard right now. Dipsy's, jet's, in-lines, spoons, harnesses, doesn't really matter, It's all working if you do it right.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
When I'm going out on a certain day, and know of others that will also be out, we pick a channel to communicate with each other on (besides 68 or 79).

That way, we can actually exchange fishing information instead of getting walked on by people telling their life stories and asking for recipes all day.

It's been working very well, so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts