Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Paddle N Fin Kayak Fishing Podcast
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good day on the river. Started out really slow. Water temps were 75 in the morning. Things started to fire up around noon. At that time water temp was around 78-80 range. It got up to 82 at the end of the trip. It’s crazy how much river water temp changes. Last week I saw 84. That short rain yesterday must’ve cooled the river down really quick.

They were hitting topwater, Ned rig, and had a hit on the jackhammer a big pile of wood. Saw a big smallmouth follow the jackhammer but didn’t commit. I lost said jackhammer moments later and I may or may not have said a few words I’m not proud of.

I lost another real good smallmouth on topwater too. The dang thing literally hit within 3 ft of the kayak. It startled me and I didn’t get a good hookset. One turn on his head and he was gone.

I have a report to post from rocky fork lake this past weekend too. I’ll get to it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pretty good day on the river. Started out really slow. Water temps were 75 in the morning. Things started to fire up around noon. At that time water temp was around 78-80 range. It got up to 82 at the end of the trip. It’s crazy how much river water temp changes. Last week I saw 84. That short rain yesterday must’ve cooled the river down really quick.

They were hitting topwater, Ned rig, and had a hit on the jackhammer a big pile of wood. Saw a big smallmouth follow the jackhammer but didn’t commit. I lost said jackhammer moments later and I may or may not have said a few words I’m not proud of.

I lost another real good smallmouth on topwater too. The dang thing literally hit within 3 ft of the kayak. It startled me and I didn’t get a good hookset. One turn on his head and he was gone.

I have a report to post from rocky fork lake this past weekend too. I’ll get to it.
Yes there is a such thing as too much fishing and I’m trying to reach that goal. I almost fish too much and nothing else gets done.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Nice fishes and There's Absolutely no thing as too much fishing !

Ask your wife that question! :D
If I make myself a big enough nuisance around the house my wife begs me to get out of the way and go fishing :D
Good luck and good fishing !

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
the thing is if you burn out on walleye fishing just change to something else. mone is the only thing that holds me back. there are at least 100 other species i could fish for until i recouped from the burnout.

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,200 Posts
Sometimes, my body reminds me to take a break, lol. Was just telling the wife, no idea how we fished 7 days straight, morning, noon & night in Canada back in the day.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
is there such a thing as too much fishing? ARE YOU NUTS NOOOOO LOl
If I ever say I’m fishing too much just kill me then and there.

Nice catches!
same then use me for bait lol

Reactions: montagc

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sometimes there's too much fishing and not enough catching.
When I get burned out on fishing I try different species and different ways to catch them .Lake ERIE is on FIRE right now and for years to come . Also fishing saltwater is crazy whole new chalk board! SALTWATER FISHING is UNBELIEVABLE ! Especially if you do it in your boat your gear your way real sense of accomplishment,mostly catching not much fishing .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts