Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Steel seeker!
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am usually more of a bass guy and throw back all of my fish. The only ones I keep are perch(cause they are delicious! :p ) I don't really like the idea of takin my 18ft bass boat out too far on erie. Are there any piers or breakwalls in lorain or cuyahoga county that you can catch yellow perch off of in decent numbers? I wanna have a little fish fry for my family. I really appreciate all the help you guys have to offer. Thank you and Take care!

-Ry

·
Registered
979 Posts
in the past i've done pretty good at voinovich park at the end of e 9th street. you either have to pay to park there or try and get a meter by the rock hall. you can get minnows at shines on e 55th. the water is 25' or so. you will get your sheephead and white perch mixed in, but i've done ok there. bradstreet landing in rocky river can be ok too as the water begins to cool.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ry440
you will do much beter with your boat,take your boat out from E.72 or edgewoter stay close to the brake wall.in 3' les you are OK.if you go out from E.72 go wright to end of the wall or go to light house.if perch bite you get your limit.somtime i catch few perch in hour and than sudenly it start for 1/2 hour one after one.you have to put some time to that and you will get them.

snag

·
Registered
95 Posts
me and snags have gone out in my 14ft with a 15 hp motor on it i like going out on 2ft or less days and u should be fine with that just pick and choose days with small or no waves

·
Steel seeker!
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
me and snags have gone out in my 14ft with a 15 hp motor on it i like going out on 2ft or less days and u should be fine with that just pick and choose days with small or no waves
Alright thanks for all of the advice guys I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
I've fished well off shore for perch without much luck on a particular day only to come back in just off the light wall in front of WW entrance in maybe 12-20 feet and do OK. I think the answer to your question is you do not have to get far from shore to catch them, and I've seen the people on the rocks doing pretty good on occasion when entering the harbor at WW. I always mark tons of fish in that vicinity also-many of which I'm sure are perch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts