close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is there any way to store more messages in your pm file

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

PM folders only store a total of 100pm and i always for get to empty some but all so have alot that i need to keep can we increase the size limit. I get emails alot that tell me i missed a message because my box is full just curious.

2. catking

catking Banned

This isn't my department on the OGF, but can give you an answer :D We have a limit of 100 because of space being taken up by members who don't clean out their pm's. This creates a problem when you have a bunch of members with 100's of stored pm's. On the old site, we had members with over 1000 pm's stored, and more than just a few.........CATKING

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

not a problem thanks for the quick response dale also pm me so no problem.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

delete the PM messages in your sent folder, and that will allow you a bit more room in your inbox. If you have 50 in your sent then you can only have 50 in your inbox. Delete the sent and get much more space.

flash------------------------------out

5. catking

catking Banned

KSUFLASH makes an excellent point. Just delete your " Sent " messages, and this will open up alot more space. CATKING ( Thanks Ben ;) )

6. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

If i delete messages i've sent that are unconfirmed, will that prevent people from viewing them ?
    Or do they just show up like that depending on whether or not that have chosen to send confirmation ?

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The reason we limit the number of PM's you can save is do to space on the site. If everyone would save unlimited PM's we would fill up the storage area. 100 is a lot of messages. Several have given good idea on how to help out. If you have some that are several months old, indeed copy and paste them to a file.

8. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I will ask the tech gurus if we can possibly bump you guys up to 150 without hurting bandwidth.

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

At the bottom of your PM page there's this:
    Unread Message
    Read Message
    Replied-to Message
    Forwarded Message
    Download all Private Messages as :
    XML | CSV | Text

So download them as text & I think then you'll have a file of them. I had several thousand in the old site ;) They were good, some great gossip, and lots of hot spots. I downloaded them all into a file. That's after I went & deleted hundereds of them.

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

...I saved mine to a disk before the "other" site crashed and burned. :cool:
    As a moderator we get a lot more than most members, and its fun to pull the old ones out and look at where we've been, and what we've done. Plus , like mrfish said ... there are also all those "hot spot" locations you don't want to lose the locations of...;) :cool: :D

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ya good idea i thought about that yesterday but didn't try it. i just have some that i wanted to keep so i will download.

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Rumi.......I had about 3200 I think. Almost every one, interesting to go back & read, some poison pen messages too :eek: Remember the old Catfish Mafia.....*lol*

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Ah, remembering the old days of the mafia brings a tear to my eyes!