close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is there any good fishing in Ohio right now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodysoutdoors, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Is there any place in Ohio to even fish right now? Everything down hewre near zanesville is flooded. I would love to do some shore fishing this week end with the kids. any reccomendations of non flooded places?

connie

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

I fished Burr Oak spillway tonite from 4:30 - 6:30 and caught 23 Crappie and 4 Bass , they were all little but hey its fishing. Caught all of them on Crappie minnows.

3. That is awesome! Thanks for the info. There are some public ponds we want to try.

4. if you come east there is salt fork,seneca,wolf run,peidmont,tappin,clendening lakes are all fish able

5. seneca is one of my fav places to fish. I'm hoping the storms that are coming tomorrow and next day don't ruin the week end fishing.

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Buckeye is only 45 mins West on 70, saugeye, crappies and channel cats are biting now. Check out the Buckeye Lake thread in Central Ohio forums.

7. okay now that muskingum and morgan counties ar flooded out. How is buckeye lake? what about seneca? is there any fishing at all after the storms rolled through? I really wanted to fish this week end but I don't know if I would do any good due to the high flood waters.

8. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I'll be hopping around Buckeye all weekend after saugeyes, I'd suggest getting some minnows and go somewhere. Salt Fork, Piedmont, Buckeye, Seneca, there are lots of places to fish. I don't think them fish care much about rain, they ain't afraid of getting a little wet:)

I wouldn't bother with the spillways or rivers right now, they looked just a little high and a tad muddy. I drove down 77 from Canton today and the Tusc is way up around Boliver.

9. Thanks for the info. we did go out today for a short time. Took the kids. went to a local resevior and my 7 yr old caught her 1st bass of the year! We were proud of her. no one caught anything else but we had fun. I plan to be out there as much as I can.