close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

is the time warner bundle a contract?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iam20fan, Aug 3, 2008.

1. just wondering if that time warner cable bundle is a contract or not. i have heard it is and it is not. i went through my paperwork and nothing that i can see tells me its a legal contract. i have had cable for 6 months and want to go back to direct tv. time warner's on screen guide is crap, the HD signal will freeze up then i have to reboot the box. time warner has no NFL network plus no big ten channel. and it doesn't even have NBC HD which i don't understand why. it take almost a week to process online payments. i know there is alot of time warner threads on here but i just had to vent for a second. i have home phone,road runner,hd cable, 3 boxes and wireless internet. and i pay 144$ a month. i don't even have a home phone hooked up but its part of the bundle and if i cancel it my bill will go up which is crap too.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yes.when you order,they explain it on the phone.it's also in the internet ads.i just talked to them a couple weeks ago about it.declined for personal reasons.
    it's 2 years and locks in the price except for mandatory tax increases,which are supposed to be minimal.

3. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Yes , Most of the new plans are contracts. Which have started this year. You would know if it was a contracted deal because you have to talk to a 3rd party to confirm that you've accepted the contract. More than likely yours isnt :)

H20,

If you need some help I work in your division and may be able to give you a hand. Let me know.

4. I too am looking to switch back to direct tv or any service other than time warner. They are the biggest joke of a company I have ever dealt with.

5. Yanky

Yanky shakesbeard

i am a time warner customer and none of my prices have been contract based. i dont really see how they can lock you into it but thats just me. all of my prices have been come as you go.

i would ask them straight up and see what they say, and make sure to record who you talked to. good luck

6. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

If you've had your service for a while, then I doubt you're under any sort of contract.

The newer ads running with the low bundle prices are for new customers only and they lock you in to a 2yr commitment.

Direct Tv has a 4 month deal right now which I want myself. Pay $75 a month for 4 months for the NFL Sunday Ticket, and you'll get every channel DTV offers during that 4 month period!