Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent read many posts lately regarding the shore nite bite off of 72nd or Edgewater. Anybody been out the last couple of days or have the fish moved out? I may head out tonight and will give a report if I do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We were in a boat, but we caught 2 within casting distance of Edgewater while trolling Sunday night (passing through the channel). There are a lot of walleye within the breakwalls at night, but I think they're not hitting in the top 5 feet as much. A deep diver, like a large deep husky jerk, would get deeper casting from shore. Hope this helps. Darth Wader.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering why nobody uses Ratt-L-Traps. The walleye are there feeding on shad and the ratt-l-traps look almost identical to a shad however I've never seen anyone throwing one. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

·
Banned
544 Posts
....just not as many or as many anglers either. fished 72nd Fri night from shore caught 4 and lost one other. Fished Sunday night from 72nd and caught 2 and lost 3>>>F-K.
so, a few gators are still being taken. both of those nights it was dead calm out too, which isn't the ideal conditions from the shore. any northerly wind, as long as its not horendous u will see a few caught.
the eyes are feeding on emerald shiners, and its literally packed with them along 72nd.
if u go, i would suggest getting there around 11pm-3am. that has been the time frame lately they have been most active.
did catch one @ Edgewater too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Mark34! Some nights rattle traps work, and you can count them down since they sink. Other nights the fish seem to want stickbaits. Just bring a few different types of lures. All in all, I do better at night on big baits that rattle, but some nights the big old original rapala works (trolled, it's hard to cast). Darth Wader.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Don't be afraid to run baits out of the normal like Rogues, F18 Floating Rapalas, X-raps, Bombers, Challengers, Yo Zuri crystal minnows etc. I run alot of these other baits and smoke fish on them. The bombers are some of my favorite along with blue steel x-raps. I love the husky's but sometimes other baits fire way better. Rip sticks will take there fair of fish too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts