close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is my clock right or not?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bkr43050, Apr 8, 2005.

1. I just now noticed that the post times are showing an hour off for me. I did not change my regional settings recently and I have my setting to automatically detect daylight savings time. I am posting this at 2:13 PM.

2. My clock on my puter is set at GMT -5 as is the setting in my profile and I have it set to automatically detect DST.:confused:

I am pretty sure that it just started showing this was for me...unless I am just extra slow the last few days.:rolleyes:

3. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

2:22 here.....................

4. And what time does it show for your post?

5. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

2:22......................................yours looks ok to me top lefthand corner it shows the post time

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

go to user cp on the top bar then edit options scroll down to time mine is set on "gmt 5:00 eastern time - bogota lima" and the week starts on sun......................jim

7. Well I guess the problem is in my set, huh?:rolleyes:

I will change my settings to make it be right. I just don't really know why it does not show right the way it is set now. No biggie.

8. Chalk it up to one of those unexplained things. I went in and changed my setting to DST always on and the time came up correct. Then I went back in and changed it right back to the automatically detect DST settings and guess what? It is still right.:rolleyes: It is like my system all of the sudden forgot it was on DST but once I reminded it, it set itself straight.

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i had the same problem for the first 6 months i was on here :rolleyes: