close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Everyone Getting This Email? Or Should I Get Excited?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buick Riviera, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

It comes from FLW Fantasy Fishing and starts out:

Congratulations, your season-to-date total has you in contention to be a top 15 finalist as we enter the final tournament of the season.

Shortly after a new champion is crowned at the Forrest Wood Cup, the top 15 finalists will be contacted and flown to Atlanta at FLW's expense to take part in an historic, world-wide media event to reveal the $1,000,000 grand prize winner at Centennial Olympic Park on Thursday, August 21st

Buick

2. well Sounds like a great offer and email.. hope there not pulling your leg... But I doubt that FLW would do this to you as a hoax...

Congradulations!

Frank

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

i agree- if its legit, thats awesome. Way to go and let us know what you find out!

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

If there is a reply link, you can check the URL address to see if it goes back to the FLW site. If it goes back, I would say it is legit. I get spoof emails from so called eBay support concerning my account. When I check the link it goes to somewhere other than eBay. I report all those emails back to eBay.

If it is legit, Congrats!

5. If it's not true, there's always that nigerian prince that needs his millions secured outside his country....

6. Buick Riviera

Yep, it goes back to the official site where I can log in.

Buick

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I would say your a winner then!

8. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

dont fall for it--send me all the info and ill take the chance :p No but in all seriousness, sounds legit to me. Congrats again, take your camera and post some pictures for us when you get home

9. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

It is legit. I got one too. It is for those participants who are in the running to potentially end the fantasy season in the top 15 in points. There will be a live news conference to announce the top 15 individuals after the FLW Cup. Because the FLW Cup event is worth triple points, a lot of people are still in the running to win the whole thing, and the $1 million.

This fantasy fishing stuff is awesome! I won a $200 US Bank cashier's check at the last event for finishing in 53rd in the country

10. Sorry Buick, reading between the lines, its probably you and 1000 others that are still in the running....however thats still better than most people. Good Luck!

11. gman

gman Your bobber's gone!

Hate to do this to you but I got the same e-mail and didn't even have a team for the last event. Maybe if we get every spot correct for the last event we have a chance?

12. i missed two events so I did not get that email...but maybe i can get something with this last one....good luck!!

13. Buick Riviera

I think you hit the nail on the head. I know the 7 spot exacta has not been hit so that's worth $5M right there. The Cup is worth triple points so that puts alot of folks in the running.

There is only 77 anglers in the Cup so the odds of picking a 10 man winning team are more than doubled compared to a regular FLW tournament. All-in-all it is fun.

Buick

14. best of luck to ya !!! i hope you do well!

Frank

15. Buick Riviera

Thanks. If I win, drinks are on me. :)

Buick