Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i have been getting this summer is catfish. not that im complaining but i want something else. where are all the crappie at? this time last year night fishing was at least worth it, now you just sit there all night.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been catching bass this year but it has really slowed down. I usually catch a lot of sizable crappie at local ponds and especially at wing foot and Atwood but not this year. They were fewer and smaller.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caught some crappie earlier this spring, maybe 20 keepers between 2 guys on 2 trips but that seems like ages ago. i agree the cooler weather this week may help, prolly gonna head out next weekend night fishing

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My summer has been only fair so far. I fish predominantly for largemouth. The action was OK up until three weekends ago when it abruptly seemed to turn off. I didn't make it out this past weekend as I was stuck working.

Despite the oppressive heat, last summer was much more productive. (Obviously, I have not found a way to adjust my fishing pattern successfully.)

However, fall is around the corner and things should start to pick up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The heat really seemed to slow things down... most o August was pretty disappointing to me. Last weekend things started to get more active. I target Largemouth too, and now they seem to very discretely start to prepare for the cold...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully going out tonight, maybe to berlin, gonna try for whatever bites. probably crappie and or walleye. we'll see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts