close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Irma

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ress, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ress

ress

Prayers for people affected by hurricane Irma. It effected me here in NW Ohio already. This morning my brother who lives in the Tampa area knocked on my door at 8:15. They made the 24 hr drive up with out telling anyone they were coming! Have not seen him for 4 yrs.

2. bobk

bobk

Lol, surprise!

fastwater likes this.

3. E- man

E- man

Have a sister and daughter in that same area. They are staying put and going to try and ride it out. Hope they don't regret there decision. Not a whole lot of communication goes on with my family either. Know what you are feeling. Had some relatives show up a couple years ago that hadn't seen in several years. Put them up for a few days then they were gone. Nice to see them but a notice would have been nice.:)

Ruminator likes this.
  4. My sister/BIL live just north of Tampa & came up last week. Not so much because of the storm but because of their grandsons wedding last night. Now that they are here she has no idea as to when she can go home. My brother is single and he has room so they always stay with him.
    It's tough on her because her 2 oldest daughters live down there and she's worried about them.
    Her home is in one of the higher areas so hopefully her life will get back to normal soon but it's an awful big storm and a lot of folks will be affected. Only time will tell.

Ruminator likes this.
  5. Thankfully, it is gonna miss us here, but pray for Florida, and Georgia, and all others impacted.

Ruminator likes this.
  6. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Don't be so sure about that! Just looked at the CBS evening news. Wall to wall Irma coverage. Showed the predicted track of the storm going up through Tennessee and into Indiana. We'll get our share!

7. JamesF

JamesF

This hurricane is constantly changing, and the damage is going to be very widespread. I think that it may effect areas farther away than was expected.

8. I meant North Carolina. It's supposed to move west of us. Our area is supposed to get some winds up to 15-30mph, and an inch of rain. Our mountains will see more rain. Hope it passes by y'all up there.

Ruminator likes this.
  9. ress

ress

We have been watching most of the day and Tampa could have a 5 to 8 ft surge of water. They showed part of Tampa Bay where the water receaded a couple hundred feet when the wind was Easterly. He lives in Palm Harbor where the water coming back in could get deep. They don't have curbs and storm drains. Everything drains off natraluly. His wife and two of the three boys are here too. My sis in Cleveland and one in Dayton that I have not seen for over a year came today, so has been a blessing so far. My sister in Tenn. is itching to come up but can't get off work.

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  10. My brother lives in Palm Harbor too. He and his family rode the storm out at home.
    I checked in with him this morning, he didn't get damaged to badly. They lost 1 tree and he lost one screen panel off of his lanai, all in all it wasn't so bad.

fastwater likes this.
  11. Thank God. Do they have power? They said nearly 6 million have lost service. I know crews from all over the southeast are heading down. I passed about thirty heading south this morning from Duke Energy and Carolina Power and Light.

12. He says that parts of Palm Harbor are without power, but luckily his neighborhood still has power.
    He said trees are knocked down all over the place.

13. MuskyFan

MuskyFan This year is flying by too fast....

IMG_2048.JPG My daughter flew up here for a photo shoot. Flew back yesterday morning. Well, made it to Atlanta. Then had to rent a car and drive the rest of the way. They made it thru ok but no power. This is her...Lol.

Ruminator, bdawg, fastwater and 2 others like this.
  14. Lost a tree and sustained a little roof damage but could have been much worse like some of the others that completely lost everything.
    1007161848b.jpg

Ruminator and fastwater like this.
  15. I called in sick yesterday but this guy blew it for me.

Ruminator, bdawg, Saugeye Tom and 2 others like this.
  16. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

I see your house is concrete block. Those are supposed to be able to withstand hurricanes much better than a frame house. But when trees fall on you it makes it much tougher!

And miked913, that fisherman must be kin to a guy I used to know. The worse the weather was, the more he wanted to go out and fish! He had this idea that rotten weather made for great fishing.

17. :D
    Heck...never thought about it but maybe that's what's been going on in the whole town of Detroit. o_O

18. MuskyFan

MuskyFan This year is flying by too fast....

IMG_2054.JPG The storm is gone but the damage continues. Lake came up over 4' since yesterday morning.

19. Wow! 4' feet above normal pool is a lot of water down there in those lakes. Is the water still rising or has it leveled off. What Lake is that MuskyFan?

Was trying to find out some info on how Lake Kissimmee was and how much damage was done there especially at the southern end around the Grape Hammock fish camp area.