close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Irish Hills?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mountaindew, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Where is Irish Hills, and is it good for bank fishing?

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

its in michigan..consider brooklyn, MI as the irish hills central..also checkout the maps to most of the lakes at knutson's in brooklyn also..
    banking there can be tough..but doable..i have caught carp, crappies and bass from shore there..ice season is also great out there..

3. almost every stretch of shoreline is cottages and the lakes are totally tore up by boats and jetskis on the weekends. if you can make it out on a weekday you might do alright. my buddy has a cottage on vinyard lake there and i've caught bass right off their dock. there are lots of gills and some pike as well. i guess there are a lot of bowfin there too. if you can find a boat you would do much better just moving along the dropoff and casting at the edge. a little more north past ann arbor there is pickney state rec area that is pretty comprable to the irish hills area with tons of lakes right by each other. there is minimal development and boat traffic on there too. goodluck

4. Ray_IL

Ray_IL Banned

Links r Us

Following the fish: Fishing the Irish Hills is often a nice surprise
    By STEVE POLLICK
    BLADE OUTDOORS EDITOR

Fishing in southeast Michigan’s Irish Hills –

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040625/SPORTS08/40625013

-Ray

*Keep your Sunny-side up & your Drifty-side down*

Keep doing what you are doing n' you will only get the same results

:)