close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Iraqi Election Opinions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by olwhitee, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone have any feelings about this upcoming election? I have a bad feeling for some reason, cannot explain it, just a feeling. I see in the news that they only expect 50% of Iraqis to vote, and thats a high estimate. I guess I have to sit back and imagine what it would be like if going to vote could mean the lives of not just yourself but that also of your wife, kids, and any other family. Most of these people live in tiny villages, and word would get around of who voted and who didn't and there are no real police to keep these insurgents from coming and kicking in your door to take vengeance of those who did vote.

I can understand their not wanting to take the chance, I am not sure I could do it knowing that I might have to watch my family be tortured and killed because of it.

I wonder how they will ever overcome this, I cannot see a united Iraqi state. I hope I am wrong, for the sake of everyone involved.

Sorry if this was boring to you, I have been thinking about this a lot and wanted to find out what others feel.

2. I see in the news where the expected voter turn out is more like 90+ % in all of Iraq except one area which is listed at 55% but who in their right mind would even think to go by any number posted by the news media :rolleyes:

There will be no car or truck traffic allowed so car bombs will not be the deterent on election day but everyone knows something will hap'n and that is unavoidable... I could care less about this election and only hope the outcome brings our troops closer to home...

A general on TV this morning said 55% of all those involved are Iraq's who are hired to do the work of the coward insurgents and 20% are former baath party members or Saddam loyalist another 20% are simply thugs and criminals with 5% being insurgents from other countries...

I don't care one way or another just end this BS and get our troops home the day after...

We are NO LONGER the solution but the main reason for all the turmoil there now...

Time to bring them all home and cut our loses :mad:

The national dept is going through the roof and for what? a democratic Iraq??? Give me a friggin break Bush and his agendas make me ill...

3. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Sorry guys,

I need to shut this one down.

It violates our no political discussion policy.

thanks,
    Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.