close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ipod questions...NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by KWILSON512, Dec 27, 2007.

1. I just bought my nephew and ipod for Christmas and was womdering if there is anyway to circumvent itunes and paying for the downloads. I have a ton of songs MP3 saved on disc and want to know if there is a way to get them to his ipod because I already just spent $30 for 25 songs on itunes earlier today.

please help

2. http://www.ephpod.com/

It's a replacement for itunes, let's you load your ipod with MP3 and doesn't give a fig for DRM. USe it instead ofitunes. I wouldn't touch iTunes with a 10 foot pole.

I got an Ipod for my sister a few years ago and this is what we used.

3. iTunes and MP3s work fine together. Simply start iTunes, start windows explorer in another window, drag your folder(s) that hold MP3s from the explorer window to the iTunes window. Once loaded, create a playlist for your iPod in iTunes, drag songs from the main music window in iTunes to the playlist. Sync your custom playlist (by device) to the iPod.

For purchased music from the iTunes store, once downloaded, burn to a disk. I use a rewritable and erase it after each load/import. Will create files in CD format on the cd. Go into edit/preferences/advanced in iTunes and set the 'importing' file type to MP3 and pick a bitrate. Import from the CD that you just burned, which creates MP3 files in the 'itunes music' folder by artist and album on your hard drive. You can move/copy the MP3s to another location from there if needed.

4. Thanks for the help guys...Is it cool if I pm you guys if I run into any problems?

5. I do too. But you shouldn't suggest that someone who doesn't know much about the iPod flash their firmware. That changes the iPod fundamentally, and might cause problems for the end users (his kids).

This is why Ephpod is a nice solution, it's just a more simple interface to add songs and manage the music library...and it doesn't have any of the iTunes bloat.

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

7. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Charge it????

That's the first thing that popped into my head

8. this is actualy goodday's daughter but u could charge it or check and see if its locked. =]