close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inusrance Companies/Rates?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buick Riviera, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I want to make sure I have a good insurance company. Rates are important but secondary to a good company that doesn't give a hassle if there is ever a claim (especially on the lower unit). If possible I'm interested in "no depreciation" insurance.

I have a 2004 Ranger 175VS, 115 Evinrude DI currently insured through Cincinnati Insurance, $465 per year.

Comments or recommedations?

Buick

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

sounds a little high ??? whats the value of your ranger?

3. Buick Riviera

Boat & Motor $16,000. Trailer, $3,000

As far as companies go, I've heard nothing one way or the other re: Cincinnati. I've heard good things re: State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Boat US. I've heard some bad things about Progressive and Allstate. I'm looking for opinions.

Buick

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i had mine added to my home owners policy for $100 more a year. i get total coverage. mine is state auto.

5. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I use the same people for my boat, house, harley and 3 vehicles...American Family. Costs me about $90 a year for full coverage. Of course, my boat isn't the same value as yours, so I can't guess what it would cost. As far as insurance, they've treated me better in 6 yrs than anyone I ever had!!

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I pay $280 a year for my rig ('07 Lund). I gave my insurance agent the make/models of the hull, motor(s), and trailer, and he came up with a value of 35K (a few Gs more than I paid for it), and I added a rider of 4K for contents (electronics, tackle rods, ect), which is probably a tad low for what I take for a normal outing.

I have mine through Nationwide. I also have my home and vehicles insured with them.

7. Buick Riviera

Ok, maybe the homeowners insurance is best to stick with. That Boat U.S. sounds pretty good though but there doesn't seem to be many that have actually used it.

8. Buick,
    One thing you have to remember when you ask all of us for pricing is that you may not get the same price. I have mine through Nationwide too. But because I've dealt with them so many years I get a discount that many other companies won't or can't touch. There are many factors including how much of your business they have i.e. homeowners, auto, ect.

9. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Go to what ever company direct and bypass the agent. Lots of difference.

10. I use boat us. They seem very good but I have not has a claim. They were recomended by several others. They also have tow insurance for all of the great lakes and coastal out to 20 miles for, I think 100, and also added towing insurance for roadside mishaps.

Scott

11. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

PapaScott, you're close. Of course this works to your benefit...30 miles on water, 100 off. Unless mine is different, I went with the more expensive package, which was only $10 more. Well worth the little extra!!

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Good point. I have been with Nationwide for 26 years, and I have 22 policies with them. I'm sure I was given some kind of multi policy discount.