close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Jurelon, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I moved in to the Maineville area and was very happy to learn that there are fish to be caught in LMR. I also was very pleased to find this forum so I could learn from the pros!
    I have 3 boys (two almost at fishing age) and was wondering about buying a canoe. Can you guys suggest best kinds?

Also wanted to ask whether or not any of you had done a 2 day canoe trip in LMR. If so where did you start, where did you camped. Are there islands you can use along the way to camp?

Any help is appreciated.

PS: went out to LMR on Wednesday to the riffle right under the bridge on SR22. hooked a drum and a cat on a Meps spinner. Some very small smallies as well. River does not seem to have any structure of depth there...any suggestions as I am just cutting my teeth on LMR?

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

3. Thanks!!!

I think I need to start on the question of whether to get a canoe, kayak or pontoon. Then plan the sleep along the river trip.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

will it just be u going down the river or the whole family?

5. well for starters me and then when familiar with it then I plan to start taking the boy as often as possible, specially on that 2 day trip sleeping somewhere on the river. I assume the canoe would be better for multiple fishermen and I expect the LMR to be "canoeable" from its upper waters?

6. Fron LMR upper most water to the Ohio river any body knows or can estimate how long of a canoe trip would that be?

7. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

8. CCRiley2

CCRiley2 Bass-turd

That's a long way! I have done one trip where we started at the upper most part and made it to Mathersmill (beavercreek) then early start you can make it to Orgonia, early start you could make it to Morrow. From there I don't know. As far as camping, you can camp in Greene County parks with a permit. Contact the parks and recreation. Orgonia little miami canoe has a campground on the river and Morgan's in Morrow.
    This is all I got.