close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Internet Style Bass Tourney (ISBT) Starts Today 7-25-08 at Midnight, runs for 16 days

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pizza, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pizza

pizza

Rules.

1. Tourney starts tonite at midnight and ends in 2 weeks+the following Saturday and Sunday. It will be a 16 day tournament.
    2. Fishing is for any 24 hour period.
    3. You can fish more than one day.
    4. Your best day is the one that counts.
    5. You must have something showing the date that it is you plan to fish. This could be as simple as the corner of the Columbus Dispatch (laminated with scotch tape since it will get wet) that shows the date. Or a recently printed news story off the internet that shows the date (laminated with tape). Or your receipt from Wendy's that day, etc,etc,etc. Anything that shows the date and is legit.
    6. Take pics of any fish 12" or over with that artifact from #5 in the pic.
    7. No limit of fish, but if you plan to keep the bass of course obey the laws. Catch-Photo-Release is strongly encouraged.
    8. Largemouth and smallmouth only -this is a bass tourney.
    9. No need to have a ruler in the pic but feel free. Honor system. We will know (+/-)by looking at the pic.
    10. Total inches of fish wins.
    11. Lures & live bait allowed. That way more people will be included.
    12. This is just for fun and bragging rights. To keep things simple there will be no prizes.

The key to making this work is that you must post pics within 1 day of the date of the artifact used in#5. If you don't, you are automatically disqualified.

Another key to making this work is honesty. It would be very easy to cheat.

I was gonna say Ohio public waters only but what the heck. ANTHING GOES! Public/private(assuming it is your property,etc. NO LAW BREAKING/TRESPASSING), doesn't matter. The more participants the merrier. Let's see those hawgs!

Feel free to post when you are heading out and your results when you return (knowing that you can fish again to try and improve your results), that may make it more fun.

And feel free to post if you are participating. This is not a requirement, your pictures are all you need.

I'm in. And as long as fishingredhawk doesn't enter, everyone here is toast!!!!!

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Is there a limit to the number of fish that can be entered or is it just the total number over 12"s that you can catch in a 24 hour period. I thought in the previous discussion that there would be a cap of 10 fish max. No big deal to me really either way, but I was just looking to get that detail clarified.

I suppose I'll give it a whirl since I am going to be out tomorrow. Was gonna do 11 miles, but with the impending weather I may reduce it to 7 or 8 miles.

CG

3. pizza

pizza

I just thought of a way to take pics so that you won't need to hold the artifact (could be useful for those fishing from yaks, etc).

1. Get your artifact.
    2. Take pic of artifact next to the hand you will be holding the fish with.
    3. With a sharpie marker draw a face or something on the hand that will hold the fish and take another picture that also shows the artifact in the picture with your (now drawn upon)hand.
    4. Just be sure when you take pics that you hold the fish with that hand.
    5. Get the pics in within 24 hours(pic from 2, pic from 3, and pics of fish).

CG- there is no limit of fish. The final results will go by total inches. The minimum or "keeper" size is 12".

Step 2 has been added to make this a little more cheat proof. Not that I think anyone would cheat, but its only one extra pic.

And this is just an option. You can still just take the pic of the fish with the artifact.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

count me in. Im going fishing this evening. Is friday apart of the tourney days? I will take the pics and see what happens.

5. TightLine

TightLine Member

I'm hitting river tonight but not for tournement. Not enough time as it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I wade, no boat. so have to hope the rains are good to me over the next few days / week.

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

same here tightline. I wade and hope the rains are kind.

7. no rain reported on channel 4 for tonight. Rains should start tomorrow between 3pm-6pm.

after that, that's it. sunday it will be clear again. should be a good day to get out:B

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

Pizza cant we just make a sign that says OGF tournament with the start date on it. Let us hold it up beside the fish in the pic. No cheating there.

9. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I am thinking I'll take a pic with my cell phone beside it showing the date and time. If that wont work......I won't lose any sleep.

CG

10. pizza

pizza

Bubba and CG - those options will be fine. I got a little bit carried away. This is just for fun!

I'm thinking I will probably go out tomorrow bright and early (or should I go see the spikedrivers tonite?!?!) but not positive.

I need to patch my raft with shoe goo asap!!!

Good luck everyone!

11. pizza

pizza

For a prize I will donate my avatar. Then you can write "ISBT I CHAMPION" above it lol....

:rolleyes: :B:B :B :D

12. pizza

pizza

this also just reminded me of something.

There will be 4 categories for :B !!!!!!!!!!

1. Longest Largemouth.
    2. Longest Smallmouth.
    3. Overall Longest.
    4. What people here generally consider to be the biggest hawg based on the pictures shown(basically weight, though we are not weighing the fish).

13. nobody is gonna stop and get a dispatch and carry it while wading, i know i wouldnt anyways. and how im i, if fishing by myself gonna take a pic of a fish and a paper and hold a camera?????? this is toooooo much! if you cant go on the ogf honor system for a "online tourny" that doesnt involve money or prizes then we should all just shut down the site and be ashamed and embarrassed of ourselves.

14. Bubba bass bigfoot

Me and my dad went out tonight. My dad is now in the tourney. Only 2sm between us he got a 12 1/2incher. also some rock bass.

Both pics are of the same fish.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. not to mention the unfair advantage that some have on private fisheries...see my post or marshalls or nitroriders, posts of when we fish with reelmanly at a private quarry....any day of the week 5-10 lb lm come outa there that would slam any fish caught outa any of these rivers in central ohio in which would for sure put a lock in on the biggest hawg and biggest bag of the week for your tourny

16. TightLine

TightLine Member

It's just fun. If you guys can get in a private quarry and fish, that's awesome! Really, I would love to see the pics.
    I say just go out and catch (legally) the biggest fish you can over the next couple weeks wherever you can. Have fun, don't have to say where, how and what you used, but don't let me hold you back;)
    So far the Grand Prize is an Avatar, it's beautiful and of course, Priceless!

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to take pics also, my phone has no camera and my digital is too big to be lugging around with me down the river. I guess I'll have to borrow the kids camera. Hope she lets me!

17. like i said look at my pics, marshalls, reelmanlys, and nitroriders

that is every weekend or weekday that we get to go out and fish...its fun, relaxing and fun to enjoy and share it with other ogf's, maybe a lil bit of braggin rights...but guess what it doesnt end in a couple weeks its all the time for the site, its all about everyone who loves to fish, go out and catch em, try to catchem, get skunked and then talk about it with others who do the same... theres nothing wrong with a lil friendly competition, but there has to be a reward or its just everyday fishing for some of us..i go out and try to catch the most bass and the biggest bass every time i go out.

18. pizza

pizza

Bubba's dad is in the lead! And has 3 of the 4 big fish categories. Way to get the tourney going. We'll count it! (even though technically the tourney doesn't start until midnight lol).

Photos will be on the OGF honor system. Other than having a photo all requirements are dropped.

19. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I got out for two (2) hours this morning to catch my bag for Pizza's ISBT. And I wish I had more time, because they were slamming bottom baits!

I fished a pond at an undisclosed location. This pond is truly amazing, and is a testament to catch-and-release fishing coupled with managing the habitat correctly. I fished with my brother and a good friend (as witnesses) and had today's newspaper in each picture. All fish were measured on a Golden Rule measuring board.

I caught nine (9) keeper bass that went a total of 150 inches. Here are the results:

Fish #1 - 16.25 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]

Fish #2 - 17.75 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]

Fish #3 - 14 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]

Fish #4 - 18 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]

Fish #5 - 17.5 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]

Fish #6 - 18 inch largemouth
    [​IMG]