Interesting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pendog66, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

in my 55 gallon tank i have some oscars, a bluegill and a green sunfish. Yesterday i noticed the bluegill and only mature oscar were acting funny i later came back in to the oscar clearing rocks to make a nest. Then the next thing i know the bluegill layed eggs and the oscar fertalized them. Is it even possible to have a bluegill oscar hybrid?? I took most of the eggs out and into a seperate 20 gallon tank. I got as many as i could because the small catfish thought it was a all you can eat buffet

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

lol thats halarious they actually did that, highly doubt the eggs were fertilized with you see hybrids generally it occurs in the same family of fish...VERY interesting none the less.

Do you have photos of them gaurding the nest? I would love to see'em!

3. Different species of fish can't 'cross pollinate', if you will.

If they could, I'd think that biologists would have found a few half this, half thats by now.

I'm sure there is a more scientific explanation, but thats the best I could come up with on short notice.

My neighbors dog humps their cat 24/7, and I've yet to find a cat with floppy ears and a wagging tail that will fetch a ball in the neighborhood.

4. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

I'm sure once ezbite finds this thread he will photoshop you something up.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

hahahahah cracked me up

7. HA!...that's hilarious!

8. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I had a goose that slept with the dog and the dog rode the goose all the time. Never seen any ufo's born tho.

9. sweet jesus now thats funny

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

lol wow Erie taking things a bit far

11. While we are on the topic, I must add this. My dad lives on a far and has a bunch of animals running around. He had one duck who would go around and hump all the chickens. Nobody believed him. Last 4th of July, we were out in the yard drinking beer and dad says "watch that duck, he is going to mount one of those chickens." So we watch, AND LAUGHED. It was hilarious. Sadly, a pack of dogs came through the farm one night and finished off all three ducks dad had raised from eggs.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Okay, I've seen lots of odd posts, but on this one we have Blugills mating with Oscars, Hetfields crazed neighbors dog and cat going at it, dogs and geese getting together, ducks and chickens getting frisky and of corse Eriestreamer's thought of "other worms" doing their thing w/ catfish. To top it off Mistfit hasn't closed this thread yet. It's either winter time @ OGF or old Rick's is taking a nap!!!!

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok guys.it's a fun topic,but let's go easy.remember we try to keep it family friendly.we only need so much information;)

14. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

My brother had a male toy collie that probably was less than a ft tall. He also had a rot that was a big big dog...I'm guessing when she stood, she was every bit of 3ft tall, maybe more. Well when my brother tells me the rot had pups, I asked how in the hell did that happen. So, he shows me....we walk down in the basement, and the dogs follow..the rot plops her butt on the top step, with her front paws on either the second or third step down. Immediately, the collie comes from behind and prepares to "go at it". Funny as hell......................

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

bryan,i was just trying to take a break,hoping it wouldn't come to that:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.