Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been trying around the intake? or towards West sister? catching any perch? hows the algae's

·
Registered
144 Posts
Haven't heard anything consistent around the intake. Some good reports around the island, mainly north. Plan to head out that way tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know if we find them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
was at the intake this afternoon, Nothing but trash. Heard of good reports north between west sister and the turn around but to far for me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Isn't it strange that the intake seemed so much better for perch reports first part of august when the water was warmer by quite a bit. Seems backwards?

·
Registered
300 Posts
This time last year the perch fishing off Little Cedar Point was going strong. This year I have had to go out 10/11 miles to deeper water. WHY?

·
Registered
627 Posts
water was cooler and the fish was there. Yrs ago you could go just a mile or two out and catch them this time of year and catch plenty in a couple of hours but now we have to go out father. WHY

·
Registered
144 Posts
Went out last night about 4:30 till sunset. Tried about 7 miles out past the intake and got a few with lots of junk, 26 fow. Moved out another couple miles, little NW of the island. Bite was real slow. Lots of green stuff suspended in the water. Moved another mile or so NE and water was better. about 29.5 fow. Fast bite but lots of little ones, not too much junk though. Kept 29 with a few 10+ and one 15" walleye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts