close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Installer/Technician needed - Lorain area

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Reel Therapy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. I think we're finally ready to upgrade our electronics. I'm looking for someone in the Lorain area, the boat will be in lay up at Spitzer over the winter.

Ideally someone that's familiar with Raymarine products. I'm looking for help with transducer selection, MFD and radar package, auto pilot. I can do some of the install, but would like experience in selecting compatible units.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tony

2. Decoy hound

Decoy hound Supporting Member

The best in my opinion is George from South Shore Marine Electronics. He is very busy and doesn’t work cheap, you might get sticker shock. He installed new electronics, and rewired my entire boat last winter. This winter he is going to install an autopilot, which I scheduled six months ago. His work is impeccable, every wire, fuse and breaker is labeled. Highly recommended, he has lots of YouTube videos of his installs.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

3. Parker marine down the road also does good work .

4. Or Larry at LSR marine services who is in and out of Spitzer a lot may be able to do it...he does good work and if he can't do it he would let you know

5. X2

6. Thank you guys, I will follow up with the local options. I drive past PMI all the time, but never considered what they may or may not do.

7. Tim Quigley, Marinewright
    in Vermilion. Neat and professional work. Installed our Simrad autopilot.