close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane_report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Met up with GMRKATTER and we hit a spot on the GMR..We arrived at the spot with so-so bait and high hopes of a Fall flattie which has eluded both of us for the last few years..

The night was perfect but the bite was slow to start with..I had the first mighty run and landed a 30.7 lber it was in good health. Dave had no problems netted the fish and it was released unharmed after a mug shot..

It was getting pretty late and we said we would leave a 2:00am and at 1:57 Dave had his run and landed a nice 17+ flattie..After Dave hugged and bonded with the fish it was released unharmed..

I caught the third fish but it was a dink 2-3 lbs at most but it was the most handsome of the 3 hands down..

Heres a picture or two..

Insane---out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Good deal, nice to see you on some fish.

3. Nice catch! I've been looking for a 30LB flat for the last few months, but I guess that it will have to wait another year. I fished from 7pm ? 11pm and 5am ? 10am yesterday at 5 different spots on the GMR. Without a bite!

4. Congratulations on the nice flats. Rooster, don't give up just yet, my first and only 30 flat came at the end of long drought. If we ever get a real rain, you want to be out there that first night.

5. nice catch guys, I think the larger flatheads are definitly on the move now. I have caught the biggest Flatties this year in the past 3 weeks, I think it will get better If it rains a little. Im planning on fishing for them all the way up to november!!!

6. Come on Phil, you know it was completely plutonic...dinner, drinks, a kiss goodbye on the cheek. That flattie has a reputation to protect, and I won't let you go and spoil her good name. :D