close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane_report (gmr No Dinks)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Corey and i hit the Gmr tonight with some different bait then our usual goldfish..

I caught the first one and it was 17#[​IMG]

Corey decided to smoke his dad and landed this nice one which was 29.15# and was very crazy in the water..All were released to be caught again..

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/data/500/387cors_cat-med.jpg[/img]

Thanks Shuvlhed for the use of the bigger net!!!

Insane------------out

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Good deal...and the "special bait" was..............

3. Bassman

Bassman KevinVanDamJr

Looks like Corey set 2 new fish records, caught his biggest bass with me, and caught his biggest cat, nice job.

4. Thanks man, that flathead put up one heck of a fight. I couldnt catch that bass with out you though.

5. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Great job!!! It looks like the GMR was good to us last night.

6. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Phil

Great job on the flats! I really love to here about the good catches.
    Sounds like the water cooling has got em feeding.

7. Robbie..
    I have been getting smoked by the youngsters this year. The year is not over yet!!hehe..Might have to open up the "How to" flattie book again..

Hey David..I bet the rain fall and the river rising about 3 feet certainly help out or fishing last night...

Keep the poles in the water..

Insane---out

8. What was the special bait?

I was using goldfish a few miles downstream, and all I got were a pair of dinks. Fished from 3AM to 8AM last night. Got the first run around 15 minutes after the first rod was in the water, and had a couple of runs around 6AM.

[​IMG]

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Hey Phil, I was tickled to actually catch the GMR on the rise while not being at risk of being caught in a flash flood.:) I have no doubt that the rising water really turned the fish on. I was fishing in the faster water upstream from the old bridge pilings, and I swear it made a huge difference. I would've stayed later, but being by myself last night when some unseemly looking people showed up, well, I decided to vacate the premises. That, and I don't especially care for being paylaked the way I was.

10. Glad to see Corey getting into the big cats this year. Phil, if you need to get out the "how to flattie fish" books then I'm in trouble since you taught me a lot of what I know about fishing for flats! :D

11. Gmrkatman , you ever going to join us on the river down here again!!

Bring your poles down sometime..

Insane------out

12. Let me know when you guys are heading out again. Most of my night fishing is confined to Sun-thurs nights. I run into shuvlhed every once in awhile, but have been missing you guys.