close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane_report (gmr 7/23--24)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Jul 25, 2004.

1. We hit the river a couple of nights and landed 12 flatties of various sizes..It was a blast to have them hit live bait again..

I have pictures of the 7 largest but i can't post pictures and i lost interest in trying..

Good luck

2. Way to go insane.... sounds like you had just a good of weekend as me and my buddy... 7-24-04 we caught 10 flatties from 4lbs to 30.3 lbs.. and one channel about 5 lbs.... then 7-25-04 i caught three 4, 14, and 21lbs... what a great weekend on the GMR woot woot .... way to go... keep it up...

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like the GMR is a great catfishing river

4. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

In the GMR right now. Me and a buddy have caught more and bigger this past week and a half than we did all spring.

P.S. Phil - you guys need a bigger net.

5. What is the “hot” bait? I’m thinking of trying for some of those GMR flats sometime this week.

6. It sounds like everyone has been hitting those flatties. I fished two new spots around Middletown (GMR) and have been catching better numbers the last 5 days than I have all year. I have been getting all the babies though, haven't had one over 15# in the last week. By the way Phil, you are slowly converting me to circle hooks again.

7. Wow! It looks like I need to hit the GMR this Sunday night.

8. Sounds like someone needs to organize an impromptu OGF catfish outing on the GMR this weekend!

9. By the way,the flatheads have been hitting a little of everything for me. Large goldfish, izzys, large chubs, bluegills. I have also fished some fresh cut shad, but the larger live baits have done best. Any ideas where on the GMR to hold an outing?

10. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

They have been hitting small baits, like 3 to 4 inch bluegill and goldfish. have had bluegill in the water the size of your hand, no takers.

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

The only convenient place I can think of is between the dams in hamilton. Lots of bank space, and numbers of fish (the only problem I see is that I have never seen a fish over 10 to 12 lbs come out of the river here.) Lots of other places, but lack of bank space/possible trespassing issues come to mind. You can get away with a few cars in some spots, but I wouldn't want to pile 12 or 15 trucks in an area - would definitely draw some attention.

12. I was thinking the same thing. Any spot I can think of near cincy with enough bank space does not produce many fish. I think the dam at Miamisburg would work but that is a little bit of a haul for anyone south of Middletown. It can handle quite a few cars and has a lot of bank access.

13. Homey

Homey OGF Parrot Head

Is the fishing any good at Eggleston park? They have a big lot and may allow access forfishing.

14. NocturnalDeath

NocturnalDeath Boatless

I'm available to tag along anyday, anytime anyone wants to show me how and where...

Where do you get the gills at? Fishing has been so slow I can't seem to even catch one of them...

Call me (937)371-3850

Anthony

15. Lunkerhuntin and I went to Middletown Friday night. We thought we would try the "stink" hole, but it was occupied. We tried just up stream where the riffle starts. Didn't do any good. We got one bite on goldfish in about two hours of fishing. Turned out to be a small flathead about two pounds. The people in the "stink" hole seemed to be doing alright from what I could see.

I can't see a get together in the Middletown area. There just doesn't seem to be enough good fishing holes that have enough room for a large number of fisherman.