close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane_report (gmr 3/5--3/6)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Hit the Great Miami river Friday and Saturday and caught 27 saugeye largest being 7.4lbs and a 6.6lbs the rest were smaller but still fun to catch. Funny thing is no one else was fishing. Just gives me more bank room.

Insane-------------out

2. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Wow, nice catch! Those sound like some really nice saugeye. I guess I should have fishing for them instead of smallies on Sunday. What time of day were you fishing?

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Great day fishing for sure, sounds like you have some great spots on the gmr.

4. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

That's a nice saugeye, and the 6 isn't too shabby either. Which castnet did you get them in, mono or nylon? ;)

UFM82

5. I know what I’m fishing for this weekend! What did you get them on?

6. I was fishing at dusk with my cast net..haha cast net you know one toss into the GMR that net is a goner.

It was at dust and very overcast both evenings. Fish were caught in two different location using jigs..

Believe it or not a fish larger then mine was caught but not by me. Had to go 8lbs or so..

No pictures because i left my camera in Iowa on a pheasant hunt and im still a little sore about that mishap..

Insane----------------out

7. Are you eating the fish you are catching? If so, I suggest you read the "FISH CONSUMPTION ADVISORY" issued by the ODNR for the GMR.

8. bronzebacker

bronzebacker Crickjumper

The three eyed ones aren't bad- a little spicy...

9. Yes i eat every fish i have ever caught even netted..From flatties,saugeyes,goldfish and even creek chubs make a fine stew..

Thats why i did not have any pictures..After i club them they don't photogragh well..

I'M surprised i'm still alive from eating all the contaminated fish..

I do shy away from the 3-eyed ones..

Insane------------out

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood..no wonder why you're HUUUUGE.. i might have to try eatin those fish.. :D

11. Hmmm, maybe there's more to the "insane" than meets the eye.

12. wow, nice catch. I didnt know there was that many on the river. Maybe I oughtta get off my lazy but, and give em a try!!!

13. Cowboy, where have you been hiding at? I have been trying to get in touch with you.

14. Oh sorry, Man Ive been real busy trying to get a new cisco certification for work, I ready to hit the water though. What do you have in mind, Id like to try some saugeyes out as well. This weekend Im heading down to my buddies at Dale Hollow, hoping to get into some nice smallies. I will PM you my cell number, so its much easier to get a hold of each other!!!!!