close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane_report (4/24 Gmr)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Apr 26, 2004.

1. It was Corey's 17th birthday and he recieved a ABU-7000LD-C4,WOW what a nice reel..Any now he wanted to fish and fish we did..We headed down to the river and bumped into Shulhead1 fishing the same area and i chatted awhile with him as i was setting up..

The night was nice and Corey felt lucky and i wanted to get lucky---just razzing ya'll..

The bait was very nice and equipment supreme and company was excellent thus making a good night no matter how you look at it..

I hit the first flattie about 10:00 and he appeared to be pissed off and after admiring it for a bit he was released unharmed..Now for the good part!!!

We were dodging the rain for awhile and almost left with all the pop up storms in the area..I decided to keep fishing and we got lucky the down poors held off..

Corey had a nice run and yelled for the net boy to net the fish. As i was running by his other pole took off--OHH GEEZZZ!!! I netted the first and Corey grabbed the other pole and landed it..OHH GEEZZZ!!! The first fish was taggled in the net i could not get it out,,Corey is yelling for the net and i'm all tangled up,,OHHH GEEZZ!! I got the the fish free, now where do i put it so we can get pictures..I looked to the left then the right and found a spot,,In the back ground i here DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHH GEEEZZ, I don't want to blow the first double of the year..I scrambled to the ledge and almost slipped into the drink and landed his 2nd flattie..Man what a rush!!!! After the pictures the fish were sent back home and the rain got heavy and we left,,i really,really hated to leave!!

Good land ratio this night--3 runs--3 flatties..This makes 9 for the season so far,not a bad start.

Happy birthday Corey,,great job!!

Insane--------------out

File is too large to post----This is getting old!!! Is there another way to post pictures????

Attached Files:

2. Good job guys,nice fish nothing like a good day of fishing.

3. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Always a good day when you get 3 of 3 runs. Good job.

4. Sounds like a great night! Let me know when you guys are heading out again. I fished a new spot just a bit north of Middletown and have finally broken my skunk curse Phil. 2 flatties and 5 very nice channels. We should hit it some time this year, lot's of room for casting and people.

5. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Nice job on the flatties. I have got to go fishing soon. :(

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

7000LD C4 huh, I still have yet to break mine in... It's just to purpley and pretty to use fishing. Nice show guys. I definitely need to make another trip to the GMR real soon.

7. catking

catking Banned

Nice report Phil !! Resize your photos ;) CATKING

8. 9 flatties and it isn't even May. I've yet to go flattie fishing this year. I might go Wednesday night for a partial or full niter - it all depends on the weather and water.

Is GMRCatman = GMRKAtter? Keep in touch and your welcome to join me at anytime.

9. CATKING---If i go any smaller on the picture you won't even see the fish..It's the size of a postage stamp now.

Got to be a better way??

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

download the pic on the photo gallery page, then copy the address in the post, they can be any size there.

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I went back down Sunday evening, river was up 1.5 to 2 feet from where it was Saturday. Water was quite stained. No runs in about 2 hours. Did check out another spot some kid I've fished with before down there gave me the drop on. Kind of hard to tell with the river up so high and it being dark and all. I'll be done flat fishing for a few weeks, got a full plate this week and will be in Hawaii next week. I will be back for the big pre spawn binge though that should start the middle of May.

12. PM me I also am going to try to get out Wednesday night.