close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insane Report (gmr)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Corey and i hit the river last night with some real nice bait..Started pretty slow but ended up ok..

My first hit was a nice run and i connected perfectly and landed a 29.1# flattie..He was a little short but plump as a Christmas goose..We had it to shore and he took off with a sweet tail walk on top of the water..I caught another later was only about 5# or so..

Corey had a nice run but could not hook the fish..The bait came back in terrible condition,no fins,no tail and was crushed..Corey quickly replaced the bait and tossed into same spot..I was laughing he put it into the same spot..OK ,I got egg on my face that he got a hit in 5 min. or less..This hit was a little better but he still missed it...Rookie kid--lol..

Insane--------------out[​IMG]

Oh yes that is my dog..

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish! Seems like you are having a very good year.

3. OhioCatman

OhioCatman "Rip some lip!"

Sounds like it was a channel cat to me.

Channel cat like thier food dead and they will usually hit the hell out of a live bait to kill it before they actually swallow it. I have also did the same thing when I get a bait back like that but I usually just leave the same one on the hook cause 9 times out of 10 that same channel will come back and smash another bait so I end up catching him on the one hes already killed.

Flatheads will usually just strip the scales of one side of the bait when you pull it out of thier mouth because of there underbite (protruding lower jaw). Sometimes it will occur on both sides of the bait it just depends on how small the flathead was and how big the bait was. Flathead also never crush the bait. But I can gaurantee you that it was not a larger flathead as they dont mess around, They just grab the bait and go looking for thier next food source.

Nice job on that 29!

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Looks like you're in the zone....
    I don't see the net in the picture either :confused: :D

5. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I see the backdoor must have worked for you. What did the water look like?

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Nice Fish Phil,

You have caught some nice fish out of that stretch of river, enjoy seeing your reports, keep them coming..............Doc

7. The back door did work fine but that has also changed..After we drove in a very large dump truck dropped tons of loose sand on the road virtually elimanating any non 4x4 access..Other then that it was fine..

Mr fishohio--no nets in sight but my dog is a good luck charm,well i like to think so--lol..

Flathunter,this year has been pretty good but i did change or try new stuff this year due to the low water in the river..Not as many fish this year but certainly larger fish for sure..

All i can say is stay closer to the current and deeper then you would normally.

WOW long time no talk Doc..Thanks for the reply and maybe I will see you with a monster blue this year well at least your wife with a big blue--yuk yuk

Insane--------------out