Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fifth straight week of terrible flattie fishing. I know it's hard during spawn, but the last two times out it has been painfully slow. Caught 2 last night for a combined 8# maybe. The spawn must be over by now but cannot pin point their feeding time frame yet..

Any ideas, has it turned to a late night or early dawn feeding time???

Insane out

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm thinking the weather has a lot to do with it. The days haven't reached too far into the 80's and most of the nights have been in the 50's and getting torrential downpours probably isn't helping much either. I would assume that since they wait for the water temperature to be just right, the spawn may have lasted longer than it should have.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
In the last 2 weeks, we have taken several flatties, (nothing huge) on the ohio river around late morning to noon. Maybe its just the time we are fishing but we did get a 14 AND A 12 LB'R. Several other smaller ones as well. All on fresh cut shad heads or body pieces. Some of our buddies have been getting some good action on the GMR around 6-9 pm

Salmonid

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
I have that same feeling about the temps Yeti

·
I'm Back!
251 Posts
Hey Phil, I have had pretty good success the last two weeks, but almost all of mine have come well after midnight, and I had a very good morning bite one day last week, around 6 in the morning til about 7:30. You know the river that I fish.

·
Registered
116 Posts
the last couple times i been flattie fishin its been slow as well but they started coming on for us around 2or 3 in the morning

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response.

I have been leaving a bit early from when you all are experiencing the hit. I better invest in a late nighter soon the way it sounds..

I would have better luck tossing in broken glass and twigs for bait of late.

Insane and NO-DOZE for the win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts