close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Insane" fishing on Saturday night

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by UFM82, May 10, 2004.

1. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

After an extremely stressful week at work and a busy day in the yard on Saturday, I had to get out and fish SOMEWHERE. Figured I would go close and just dunk a bait for a few hours- didn't even really care if I caught anything- just needed to get away for a while.

Found some nightcrawlers and went to the GMR down in Fairfield- accidentally met Insane and company at one of his favorite spots. Crawled down the bank not knowing who was who until I heard his voice- we then said hey and I picked a spot next to him. They were cattin' with the right bait- I was worming. LOL Anyway, after a whole 20 minutes had passed, I had a hard run and set the hook on a heavy fish. Between the ugly rocks in the area and the darkness, I was lucky to bring the fish in and Insane's crew was ready with the net. Brought out a mutant looking 13.8lb carp that looked like its back had been broken at some point. His a nal fin was about even with his dorsal fin and his back went up in a 30° angle from his body. Figures I would catch a "special needs" carp. LOL. Anyway, Insane took a picture and we turned him loose. I had one more hard run about an hour later and missed it but all in all, it was a great night. Warm, calm and clear- great night to sit in the bank and relax. Insane was again good conversation and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Boogied out around 12:30 and they had caught a couple channels, but nothing big.

Thanks Phil! Had a great time. Hope I meet up with you again. And YES, we will hit the river in the new boat. No lies. :cool:

See ya on the water everyone.

UFM82

2. Always a pleasure to have someone to talk to as i get skunked this wonderful night..Each one of the boys had 3 good runs apeice and each one caught one small---small flattie apeice..As i sat on the bank wondering if i baited my hook with a skunk or muskrat..Any way i ended up no hits,bumps,runs of any type. I was fortunate to get 4 snaggs..

I will get the picture posted and let me tell you it's also ugly in the picture..

UFM is good company on the bank but i thought he was going to fall in a couple times..If ya get bored just pop on down again..

insane-------out

3. Fish picture

Attached Files:

• ufm.jpg
      ufm.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
  4. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

:mad: You don't happen to know anything about a cast net in the water off in the shallow end? I think there is one out there, its a guaranteed snag when you fish off the end of the spot now.

By the way - couldn't buy a carp down there last night, caught one very dinky flathead about 2 or 3 lbs. Also had a few runs that would take about 5 feet of line real quick then stop. Then nothing. Kinda wierd.

5. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Yet another net sacrificed to the river gods. How many is that now Insane? 6? 12? I know it's a bunch. LOL

That entire place is one big snag, but it does hold fish. Just be prepared to lose some hardware. The bottom must look like a bowl of spaghetti from al lthe broken off lines down there. Plus, we are lead poisoning the people downstream too. :eek:

It was fun- I only lost a few things. LOL

UFM82

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I may have to take a snag hook on a cord and try to remove it. I would like to get my hooks back :D

7. Yeap thats my net--lol

I did not realize it was my net until the kids said,,Dad by the way there is your net,geeez.

Here is a close up of the fish..

Insane----out

Attached Files:

8. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

looks like something that would come out of an Ohio river! Nasty

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

That's not true! Fish from the Ohio River look much better than that. Well, maybe except for the flathead Sliprig caught the other day.

10. catking

catking Banned

slip actually caught a fish :eek: :eek: :eek: This is front page news..... DA KING !!! (I see UFM jumped on the carpin bandwagon, and managed to even mess THAT up :D )

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

looks like something that would have come out of the GMR near fernald.

12. Where you been fishless boy. If you had been watching the Ohio River posts you would know Sliprig can catch fish! In fact us river rats have been workin them over pretty good lately. Maybe we'll let to tag along and take notes.

Sliprig

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015