Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I was wondering about using the inline weight system. Do you run it straight off the back of the boat or do you use it with planner boards or inline boards only? Would you ever use inline weights with dipsey divers?
I appreciate any advice, I'm taking out a friend and Pop tomorow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We have run inline weights both off inline boards and flatlined straight out the back of the boat with success. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run them behind big boards. However, I don not have any experience with big boards. I am sure others will chime in that may have better input.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
normally you'd run them off in-line boards with the higher lines on the outside. I suppose you could flatline some off the back but they'd have to be deep. normally , I run 2 off each sides from boards and then bottom bouncers (heavy, like 4 or 6 oz) off the corners.
Dipseys have their own weights built into them so, no, you would not use inlines off dipseys.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, i am new to the worm harness trolling gig. I typically am a spoon and dispsey guy. I ran one side with harness, 2oz 50-60 back and picked up three. My marks changed depth for active fish late in the day. Is there some chart or mathmatics for rule of thumb for depth? I could not figure out where exactly i was running the harness'.
I still like the spoon fishing, got two on clark kent yesterday, lost those two at the boat.
Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have had luck with 3 oz inlines flatlined off the back of the boat. THey stay out fo the way pretty good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Erieye, the precision trolling book 8th edition has a chart on the bass pro shop page for in-line "Keel" weights, not sure if you could use same chart for any other style. It's a good starting point.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, if that gives me a general idea. I have some of weights that look like those i got from Rodmakers. I really wanted to be down 25 but i guess we were around 17 or so. Thanks.
Bryan

·
Tom B.
3,888 Posts
Baits 8' above fish isn't too far Erieye. You'll catch way more fish running too high rather than too deep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts