Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear your comment's, pro and con regarding your preference.
I ran large boards off my 23 footer back in the 80's and would usually run three lines per board. Did well with them but never really cared for the storage hassle as well as running them out and retrieving them.
I now use Church inline boards and prefer them as they are easy to store, as well as a snap to run out and retrieve. I will admit that the inline is more difficult to use in rough water, but when it is that rough I'll generally use Dipsy's or Jet's exclusively.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Ron,
I agree with all your comments regarding the big boards. I like to relax and enjoy myself out there since I mainly get out on the weekends and late evening (big boards = more work IMO) and I usually only have 3 fisherman or less on the boat with me so the big boards would be more of hassle. Plus a lot of the guys I fish with are not experienced with running the big boards. I will stick with the offshore planers, easier to use and explain to newbies. Now if I was a charter captain and ran 8+ lines and my goal was to get my customers their limit then I would go with the big boards.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ron,
I've only used my inlines about a dozen times or so. I like the big boards. I made a set of redwoods that collapse for storage and now have about 100 release clips so I don't have to bring them in except for moving locations. I also run 3-4 lines per side and after a few times ,its like second nature to run a program very efficiently. If I did more night trolling I probably would use the inline exclusively for that.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yet too pull the bigger ones but soon. In-land waters are kinda small so one side at a time. They stay pretty calm for the in-lines. No one to get tangled on neither.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.