Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wonder why you'd want to run dipsy's with inlines? The dipsy already has the capability to take the lure away from the boat which is the sole purpose of an inline board. Personally, I would run jets off the inlines and run the dipsy by themselves on a 2, 3 or 3.5 setting.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't think you could run dipsys with in lines. Both have release mechanisms and I don't think you can crank the release on the board down hard enough to hold the tension of the dipsy but if you could if the dipsy tripped it may not trip the board. Jets off boards yes, dipsys probably not.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Actually, I have been running "0" dipsies off of inlines as well as jet 40s. Pull is about the same (just a little more for the dipsy). Using powerpro, I use the red releases on offshore boards and take a wrap once around one tang of each release clip. The board will set azz low in the water, but it will pull out to the side.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,952 Posts
ive used the mini dipsy on inlines, nothing bigger. to tell the truth i think it was more of a pain in the a$$. i just use #1 dipsy when i go to spoons. inlines for cranks.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
I have run small dipsys with rings off my in line boards with out a problem.They are especially useful when you need to get a couple more lines out over your big dipsys

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
maybe he means running both at the same time with different rods but not pulling a dipsy with the board??

·
Registered
800 Posts
maybe he means running both at the same time with different rods but not pulling a dipsy with the board??
If that's what is meant by the question then I have done that. The secret for me is to run the boards the furthest out away from the boat with the baits run higher than the dipsey rod(s). When a fish is hooked on the inline rod it can be reeled in over the top of the dipsy line without much fear of the fish tangling with the dipsy line. Most often, I have experienced the walleye will come up after being hooked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have been catching just as many fish on the inlines with 30 and sometimes 40 jets as we have on our dipsey program. I have noticed that when I run the 40's the board does dog behind and makes strike detection a bit more difficult. You probably need to experiment and see what works for you.;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have used the mini-dips on inline & the big boards they work
very well I like to use a shorter leader 4' on the mini-dips. The size
0 dipseys I have used on the big boards & caught fish. They pull
pretty hard on the big boards I would think they would be to much
for inlines. Sometimes trying something a little different pays off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts