close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inline planer board ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Does anyone use the "offshore model"? Are they pretty good? Do you use braided line? if so did you get the or-18 release clips? Are they worth the extra 11 bucks? I had the orange walleye boards but lost one so I need to get something. Also the braided line messed up the coating inside the clip-hence my questions.

2. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

The offshore boards are great...but we use mono. The clips that come with them are fine for our use....i dont know that i would invest much in getting the tattle flags...i have used them both ways and they work fine both ways once you learn how to read the boards.

Mitch

3. I have and use the offshore boards and the or-18 releases. I switched to these releases after i dropped(lost)a board a few years back trolling on the lake. I also use power pro on my rods. I have noticed some wear on the pads from the line but nothing to serious. I should get another year out of them before needing replaced.

4. Thanks for the info. I just got back home with planer boards and I like em much better that the "walleye board". Just one more question-did you replace the clip on the back with something else so you can't loose the board w/o ripping the line?? instructions describe a 'pigtail type clip"

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

if you use braids you have to double it ,or loop it twice through the release. i put the loops from perch rigs on mine with a large snap swivel at my leader and you won't loose boards. you can attach a large snap swivel on the rear also ,but it is harder to open to get the board off when you have a fish o on line.

6. I use 15 # power pro, OR18 on front and the Church clip on back. With this set up I've never had a board come off. It would be nice to have the front clip release somehow on big fish and Steelhead however.

With the OR 18 on front and standard OR16 on back I did drop a couple of boards even though with the pin on the OR18 it seems impossible. I know guys that run all Church clips and they tell me they have no problems either. I'm also on my 3rd year with the OR 18 pads and they look bad but still hold good.