close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

inland lake with cottage or trailer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pwbmlr, Sep 8, 2004.

1. I need some help. I am thinking of converting to fishing inland lakes. I have always boated and fished on lake erie and only fished for walleye and perch. Now I have an newborn and a wife that gets sea sick with waves over 2 ft. So even my 25ft boat doesn't help my poor wife. I am thinking of selling my boat and wanting to replace it with a smaller boat and either a cottage or trailer loacated on an inland lake in ohio ( up to an hour away from cleveland, hopefully) I have no idea as to where to look or who to call and which lake would still allow me to catch my walleye and perch. Any help or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you ,

Paul

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Although its a little more than an hour from Cleveland,I would strongly recomend Piedmont Lake.
    Lots of cottages near the lake and you see them for sale quite often.
    Its a peaceful 9.9 lake and one of the best Saugeye Lakes in the state.
    Some huge Muskies and good Smallmouth action too.

3. Seneca Lake down in Noble & Gurnsey Counties would get you some walleye, bass, crappie, stripers and muskey.

There are a lot of cabins and property around the lake that is private owned, should be able to find something.

I would guess Seneca to be about 125-150 miles from Cleveland, depending on where you live. Straight down I-77, below Cambridge.

Hope this helps.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I have a camper on a private campground on Mosquito Lake. I was there this last weekend, and there was a couple "FOR SALE" signs on a couple of the campers.

If you want more info, email me at Hetfieldinn@aol.com

5. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Berlin lake in alliance is pretty good walleye lake not to many perch but it can be really good crappie and bass lake. PM me f want me keep my eye open for any places up there. It is unlimited horse power.

6. Fact of the matter is you're spoiled...there is nothing in the state that even comes close to Erie.

ONLY OPTION: Trade the wife in for one who doesn't get sick :eek: :eek: KIDDING (that's something only I would do) ((everyone else thinks of doing it, but I'm the only one who would really do it ;)))

Seriously, The wife and you can trade tuurns going out on Erie...she can go when the waves are < 2' while you watch the baby and you go out when ther're over 2'...marrige is a compromise of what you and she wants to do. There will even be days when you can take the baby out on a 25'er. Stay where you are and enjoy the lake you've grown accustom to. The baby will be netting eye's before you can say "College tuition is how much?

7. Check out Pymatuning. Great walleye lake and many other species of fish also. Rarely gets more than a chop on it (unless its a north wind). Many campgrounds and resort type places on the banks.
    Huntinbull