Info on Norris

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by cast n catch em18, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Will be heading down there this summer and just wanted to start my reasearch now and was wondering how people have done in the past...I dont know much about the stripers or anything but most likely be targeting LM and SM. any info would be great. thanks!

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

The LM and SM bite way better at night during the summer. Try to fish early or late and remember that the water is real clear. The fish will be pretty deep that time of the year. I have only fished there once and had a hard time boating fish.

3. Pro Anglers Shop
    Street: 6275 General Carl West Stiner Hwy

This is a friend of mine from Cincinnati who owns this place now. He can tell you where to fish and what they are catching them on. He fishes alot of tourneys there. Anyone in the shop will probably tell you what to fish. As far as where thye may tell you how shallow or deep but they won't give you a location.

4. www.norrislakeinfo.com
    some real good info here on lodging...I stayed at a floating house last year and it was a good time

5. poloaman

poloaman Smallmouth rule

If you PM me i will give you some info i have fished there at least once a year for the past 4 years. I will need to know where you are staying and what time of year you are going

Polo

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

That time of year you're going to have to fish at night if you want to catch bass. Early in the morning (like 4-6am) if you are looking for stripers. You'll need live bait for the stripers trolled behind planer boards or on downriggers.

7. wballard77

wballard77 junior mint

I have had great luck down there the three times I have been there, and i have yet to fish @ night. there is a lot of stuff to fish, look for laydowns and standing timber. find a Zara spook as big as as your arm. when that bite stops (around 9:30) head deep with a drop shot or deep crank!

8. thanks all, poloaman im not exactly certain where Im staying yet but as soon as I find it then ill shoot you a pm

9. wballard77

wballard77 junior mint

I have had great luck down there the three times I have been there, and i have yet to fish @ night. there is a lot of stuff to fish, look for laydowns and standing timber. find a Zara spook as big as as your arm. when that bite stops (around 9:30) head deep with a drop shot or deep crank!